Voimariini or other HTML editor?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Hello,

I am looking for a HTML editor. I found out about GoldED/Cubic but its GUI is very strange and not system friendly. I tried to run Voimariini but although I placed all classes that Snoopium told me about at the right place (I see now that loading them is OK instead of Fail) it does not run because it wants MOSSYS:Data/Multiview/Links and RAM:ENV/TearOffMUISafe. How can I get them or create them? What has to be written inside?
    MetalWEB isn't that bad but it does only save attributes for the last element but not for the actually clicked one. And one cannot move elements. HTMLEdit and WebMaker are a bit simple.
    Can someone tell me what to do for running Voimariini or if there is another HTML program that could be used?
  • »24.10.11 - 16:56
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Oh, someone is still using Voimariini. It is one of the best application I wrote in 90s... :-) Please make sure you have got enough stack (8kB). Other than that it should work if MUI classes are present.

MUITearOffSafe is just some environment variable used by TearOff.mcc and not important. MOSSYS:Data/Multiview/Links is just new Multiview 3 feature not enabled in your system =P

I might take a look into it today but dont expect MorphOS port. It is all written in 68k asm :-)
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »24.10.11 - 17:15
    connor
    When starting Voimariini it tells me that stack has to be at least 16,384. This is already set. But more output, windows or such I do not get. It "should" work but it does not. So I ask what could be the reason as I don't get more information from Snoopium.

How can I enable the Multiview 3 feature and what is it used for? I saw that Multiview got an upgrade along SDK installation. But as Voimariini is older it should not know about it and not use it.

Yes, I read that you wrote all of it in Assembler. A MOS port with current features would be nice but this would mean a total new application, I guess. So I did not exepect it. Though, I would not mind :-)
  • »24.10.11 - 18:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I think some plugin to OWB could be better idea these days :-) HTMLview.mcc used in Voimariini is not developed anymore and lacks lot of modern features.

Multiview 3 just allows you to highlight AmigaGuide links you have visited already. I can't remember if Multiview version supporting this feature was included in a SDK but take a look into Multiview settings. This feature is built-in amigaguide.library MUI is using so it isprobably reason why it is trying to load this file.

Please also be aware that location is going to change because MOSSYS:Data is not right place for user data :-)
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »24.10.11 - 20:04
    connor
    I see it is open source and can be modified by knowing people. But as this mcc loads for me, there must be another reason why Voimariini does not start. But if you say it is so old (yes, it is from 1999) that it does not make sense anymore then I won't try further.

An OWB plugin is not what I favor because OWB is so big and a bit slow. A lean program would be better.

I tried Multiview settings with changing "Visited link" colour but this does not work for me. The link colour stays the same. I did not create a file in ../Links because I do not know what it must look like. So when location changes I won't notice as there is no such file for me.
  • »24.10.11 - 23:09