Blender 2.57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @Ede: fixed, please reload the same URL.
    And now... next project!
  • »28.04.11 - 08:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    @Yomgui:

Something strange - with this version of morphospath.py blender do not start correctly.
    With the previous version of morphospath.py blender returns to previous state.

I tried a few tricks of intuition, but it give no effect :}

--------------------------------------------------------------
    log without my tricks ;)

Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "Libs/python3.1/io.py", line 60, in <module>
    File "Libs/python3.1/os.py", line 110, in <module>
    File "Libs/python3.1/morphospath.py", line 139
    altsep = _get_sep(p, 1)
                                           ^
    TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
    Program aborted

Ps. And one more thing - back in previous state:

When importing OBJ files is error in path of material file.

log

importing obj 'Mac:Users/admin/Desktop/Model/bud_2_model_17_B.obj'
    parsing obj file...
    1.7386 sec
    loading materials and images...
    Material not found MTL: b'Mac:Users/admin/Desktop/Model//bud_2_model_17_B.mtl'
    0.0045 sec
    building geometry...
    verts:16279 faces:11998 materials: 37 smoothgroups:0 ...
    finished importing: b'Mac:Users/admin/Desktop/Model/bud_2_model_17_B.obj' in 17.2843 sec.

---------------------------------------------------------------

[ Edited by ede 28.04.2011 - 20:41 ]
  • »28.04.11 - 13:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    waahh pfuu... I've edited that at my work with a Win editor.
    Sorry, I've not checked the tab/space configuration.

Please, try again now ;-)
    And now... next project!
  • »28.04.11 - 14:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    Import and export works fine :-) Thanks.

Ps. With the exception of importing .mtl material files - is there small path error (double slash in path)

[ Edited by ede 28.04.2011 - 20:46 ]
  • »28.04.11 - 14:49
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    @Yomgui,

I sent details via email.

Ps. Perhaps this lack of imports .mtl fault blender importing script. I take a look today at the Blender on intel mac.

[ Edited by ede 29.04.2011 - 12:27 ]
  • »29.04.11 - 12:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    Important news

I'm starting a more worldwide distribution by put my binary releases on the Blender community well known site Graphicall.
    See my first contribution here: http://graphicall.org/112

It's the same version as posted before (2.57a-RC1 aka r153) + python script fix (see EDE issue just before this post).
    And now... next project!
  • »01.05.11 - 20:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I think that this is a great idea to bring awareness of good programs being ported to MorphOS2.x to people that might become interested to find out what MorphOS2.x is. We might even get 1 or 2 new users this way, from people that like to experiment with alternative OSes and also already have a MorphOS2.x compatible G4 computer that is not being used for anything else.

There are other people in the world that like to put old equipment back to work, instead of having it thrown in the trash, recycled, or forgotten in the closet, or attic. Since MorphOS2.x is so much more responsive than MacOSX on the older G4 Macs, it should impress a few people that take the time to investigate it by installing the free demo version and taking a look at it. I think that the MorphOS Development Team should rethink the amount of pre-installed software that currently is included in the MorphOS iso and add more programs that are pre-configured, setup ready to be used with all components needed also installed, sort of like how most Linux distributions come with tons of its free programs pre-installed, or easily installed as an option during the install process. Something like the "Pack Ultimate", but only programs that are tested, rock solid, and still supported by their programmers.

The MorphOS community could help by putting the added programs together with an installer and provide all support to keep it updated and the MorphOS Development Team could work with them by deciding which programs they approve to be included in the added programs package, and also tell the group of users maintaining the added programs package how the Team wants the installer to work as an option during the regular install process, or a menu option to install the added programs after the MorphOS install is complete.

The MorphOS iso does not take up much space on a CD, so filling the rest of the space of a standard CD with added programs would make it easier for new users to get several added programs without having to go to many other download sites (or Papiosaur's site to get the Pack Ultimate) to get more content for their MorphOS install. This added programs & content does not have to be nearly as large and complete as the "Pack Ultimate", but I think it would be good if the "Team" would consider adding a few more programs to the standard MorphOS2.x install, either as always installed with the OS, or as an option to add during or after the install of the OS.

I know that the "Team" has had some criticism of the Pack Ultimate in its early days/months, but have not read any recent criticism of it lately, so maybe if there is no longer any criticism from the "Team" members, they could include a mention of the Pack Ultimate and provide a link to it within a short note describing it to new users who install the latest version of MorphOS. The only problem I can see with this idea is that downloading and installing the Pack Ultimate probably takes longer than the 30 minutes available from the demo version of MorphOS2.x.

Sorry for going off topic, and again congrats on putting up your software port on a site not dedicated to MorphOS alone.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.05.11 - 22:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    @ Yomgui

thanks for your constant updates. Wasn't able to test yet (am on an OS X only machine tonight) and having a tight schedule for the coming week, but am eager to try the new version soon.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »01.05.11 - 22:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    @Yomgui,

Hi, blending on MohrphOZ is nice :)

Anyway I found a bug (?). It appears when I set the Network Renderer in User Preferences / Add-Ons.
    However it heppened while I was looking for for those options:
    - http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/9/9f/NetRender_Master.png

Regards.
  • »12.05.11 - 21:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @ede: this add-on is not supposed to be supported on MorphOS, need to port some stuff inside Python itself, and I've not the time to do it.
    And now... next project!
  • »13.05.11 - 15:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    @Yomgui

Thanks for your reply. If ever You will have time to do it - I'll be ready to test it. ;-)

[ Edited by ede 13.05.2011 - 16:15 ]
  • »13.05.11 - 16:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @ede: please, wait two more weeks
    And now... next project!
  • »13.05.11 - 17:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    @Yomgui:

Ok, passed two weeks. :-) My two MorphOS machines waiting for net rendering test.

Unfortunately the blender for intel mac don't have net rendering opions (I not found).

By the way I have a small question - Is it possible to run blender on own screen ?
    I see there BLENDER_USER_CONFIG it is the way for that ?
    I am asking becouse blender hitting when ambient window is on top blender (quite often).

[ Edited by ede 27.05.2011 - 10:29 ]
  • »27.05.11 - 10:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    ede,
    Quote:

Ok, passed two weeks. My two MorphOS machines waiting for net rendering test.

Please, wait two more weeks.

Now, to run blender on it's own screen, call the binary using following shell options: --modeid 0
    A warning popup is bringed to front, ack. it, then a Screen requester will be open, choose the wanted one.
    Blender continues on this screen.

To be permanent, replace the zero after --modeid by a real screen modeid value (as decimal number).
    Or if you don't want modify the command arguments, set following environment variable:

setenv save BLENDER_SCREENMODEID_VNAME xxxxxx

by replacing xxxxxx with the decimal modeid number.

Note: I'm not sure that the latest version works with the setenv, if not, I'll release a new version soon, but this version got a major correction in how TGL contexts are created, this fixes numerous display bugs, bug introduce a new display bug where fonts are not correctly displayed on secondary windows (like rendering window and user-preference window). This is due to TGL implementation and to fix that I need to change deeply the way fonts are created/cached into blender.
    And now... next project!
  • »27.05.11 - 11:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    @Yomgui:

Nice to hear about new blender version. :-) Thanks for your reply.

Ps. Latest version rather not works with the setenv. I tried several variants.

Call blender binary using --modeid 0 (with modeid value too) works but not clearly.
    In case "--mode 0" GHOST said: 'BLENDER_SCREENMODEID' variable is set to 0x00000000
    but doesn't match to any existants ID. With real screen modeid value no GHOST message.
    In both cases blender tried to read the file named as "modeid value" and does not show splash screen on satrtup.

I'm not sure if my analysis will be useful, but I did what I can do ;-)

Regards.
  • »28.05.11 - 09:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    First,
    There is an excellent document (PDF) for noobs to learn Blender3D, 2.5x versions:

http://www.cdschools.org/54223045235521/lib/54223045235521/BlenderBasics_4thEdition2011.pdf

Now, for all testers, this is a bug-fix-for-testing version of the binary only:
    http://www.yomgui.fr/blender/blender

Major improvements:
    - fixed endianness issues causing bad F-Curve coefficients when the blend file has been saved on a little-endian machine and read on a big-endian (see my bug report here: http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=27541&group_id=9&atid=498 )

- fixed some display flashes when manipulating the Bledner main window, but this fix introduce another bug: no possible to display text characters correctly on secondary windows (ie: user-pref and render win.)

@Ede: in this version the setenv should works.
    And now... next project!
  • »01.06.11 - 09:49
    Profile Visit Website