FTPD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Hello guyes,

somebody have running a ftp daemon successfully in a amiga/morphos environment?

Is there something you could suggest, something that deals with amiga specific problems?
    eg. faking dirs to root

I tried rc-ftpd but it has serious bugs, i seems to remember the last login and puts me in the wrong directory after relogon.
  • »30.03.11 - 08:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    To be a bit more specific, i tried amiftpd but it requires bgui_arexx.class under libs: which i am unable to find on the net, maybe someone has it on his hd?
  • »30.03.11 - 09:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    I am using
    http://www.rycochet.com/rc-ftpd/

Its 68k but no problems here.
  • »30.03.11 - 11:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

weiseb wrote:
    I am using
    http://www.rycochet.com/rc-ftpd/

Its 68k but no problems here.

Yeah but like mentioned, the browsing doesnt always work.
    When reconnecting, you are sometimes in the last dir you were before connectiong.
    Its a but frustrating getting no ftpd server to work.

mlftpd wants "ls" in every directory i browse from the ftp client, i dont know why.

A ftp server is my last workaround for a working smbd mountable from linux digital receiver :/
  • »30.03.11 - 11:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I've used wu-ftpd over ten years mostly on A1200, but also on MorphOS. It has worked pretty well and fast.

It might not have all bells and whistles, but has worked reliably. And it comes with source code so if something is missing, you can add it ;) I added functionality to get it work in passive mode behind nat, added tranfer statistics (bytes, speeds, top lists) etc.

Windows clients had problems with file listings if they had automatic host type detection, but if you defined it to unix standard, then it worked on them too.
  • »30.03.11 - 16:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    rc-ftpd works here too (with some complex multi-user and virtual directories). The only problem is some sort of memory-leak on multiple connections.

According to me, the problem you noticed seems to be related to the ftp client you use.
  • »30.03.11 - 16:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

Jeckel wrote:
    rc-ftpd works here too (with some complex multi-user and virtual directories). The only problem is some sort of memory-leak on multiple connections.

According to me, the problem you noticed seems to be related to the ftp client you use.

Maybe but i tried FlashFXP and my Dreambox and i dont have a replacement choice on the dreambox
  • »30.03.11 - 17:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    I've used wu-ftpd over ten years mostly on A1200, but also on MorphOS. It has worked pretty well and fast.

Thanks jPV, it seams to be stable.
    I cant get it running like i should. getting "FTP Server shut down" on the client,
    the amitcp:serv/ftpd is loaded, also the configs.
    It seems like it doesnt get run from inetd.

Would you mind to paste some configs of urs?
    You are using the MorphOS Internet TCP/IP Stack?

To bad oragenftpd from bigfoot crashes when opening on morphos :)
    [ Edited by dIGIMAN on 2011/3/30 19:44 ]

[ Edited by dIGIMAN on 2011/3/30 19:45 ]
  • »30.03.11 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website