Application Icons not working, but only on one partition
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    XDelusion
    So I have a recent issue. On one of my MorphOS paritions, ironically the one where all my apps and games reside, the icons for executables no longer work.

Their links in the Object bar work fine, and they will work if I right click on them and select OPEN WITH, then hit cancel, but will not work with the standard double click.

Baffled!
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »07.02.11 - 06:54
    Profile Visit Website
    ausPPC
    I've had weird issues like that when browsing through the directory structure of iso files and also with volumes mounted via smbfs. It was a more common issue for me on earlier versions of MorphOS but still happens sometimes with 2.7 - however, it's not a consistent bug so I've never reported it.
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »07.02.11 - 09:10
    Profile Visit Website
    XDelusion
    I messed around with this some more last night and took a couple of the game folders and moved them to a partition that was not having issues with the icons. Ironically enough, the app in the moved folder still would not launch via a double click, though any apps that had already been on this folder would.

I then decided to boot up with my MorphOS CD, delete my SYSTEM partition and re-install. As fate would have it, the icons in my Games and Applications folder began to function as they should again!

I have NO IDEA why in the world such a thing would happen but it died. The strange thing is that while I was having these issues, I could double click on a folder or doc icon and it would open as expected. Only the APP icons would not function correctly.
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »07.02.11 - 20:35
    Profile Visit Website