OWB drembox problem
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I do have a Dreambox 800. This box does have a webinterface for upgrading the firmware.
    Its a simple page with a button for selecting the firmware file, and another for starting the flash process.
    This does not work in the latest OWB versions. I can select the file, but when I press the flash button nothing happens. The odd thing is that this used to work before.
    I did try to clear my conf folder but this doesnt help, and I also tried spoofing as firefox.

Now I did just download an older version, OWB 1.7 for testing, and the webinterface works well with that version.

I dont know if it can tell anything useful, but the webpage for flashing have the following html code: (when working - after pressing flash another page should show up, and a progress bar will be shown)

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <html>
    <head><title>Dreambox DM800 Web Interface - firmware upgrade</title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#7C8879" link="#E98400" alink="#E98400" vlink="#E98400">
    <font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica" color="white">
    <font size="3" color="#E98400">
    <form action="/FLASH" enctype="multipart/form-data" method=post>
    <center>
    <b>Firmware Upgrade</b>
    <p>
    <table cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=10>
    <tr><td align=right>Select .nfi-File: </td><td>  <input type=file name=files value=""></td></tr>
    <tr><td> </td><td><input type="submit" value="Flash!"></td></tr>
    </table>
    <font size=2">Note: Depending on your browser, the file upload can take several minutes. The recommended browser
    to use is Mozilla / Firefox, but Opera 6.xx+ and IE5+ work as well.</font>
    </form>
    </font>
    </font>
    </body>
    </html>
  • »02.01.11 - 00:15
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    That's because this page is broken, and WebKit parser got more strict since OWB 1.7.
    The culprit is the unterminated "
    ". Remove it or add
    later, and it works.
    There's also a missing quote at the end for <font size=2">, but this one doesn't confuse the engine.
  • »02.01.11 - 00:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I can not modify this internal webpage, since I think its built in the box.
    But at least I know why this happens, and I just keep a copy of owb1.7 for this purpose now.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • »02.01.11 - 01:41
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Ok, but you might still have some access somehow, or not. :)
    Anyway, you can also contact them, because it won't just fail with OWB, but any recent version of Safari and Chrome, and i'm not sure they want to be incompatible with these browsers. :)
  • »02.01.11 - 01:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    The dream box web interface is not hardcoded.

At least the DM7000 has a drawer where all web page files are located. All you need is to use a FTP client and search for the files, download modify and upload again.

Geit

[ Edited by geit on 2011/1/2 11:22 ]
  • »02.01.11 - 10:21
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    The dream box web interface is not hardcoded.

At least the DM7000 has a drawer where all web page files are located. All you need is to use a FTP client and search for the files, download modify and upload again.

Geit

Thats true for the main webinterface. But this a DM800 and it have two different web interfaces. The one I talk about is like the amiga early startup menu, and to access it you must press and hold the power button while turning on the power.

Anyway, for me this menu is only used when I want to update the firmware. And if this web file documents are available for editing, that also means that it will be overwritten every time I update the firmware.
    Also I notice that whatever kind of firmware I have put on the box (I have tried from many third party teams) this particular interface never changes. And given that I think most of these teams love to make their own style on anything visual on these boxes, that makes me suspect that this probably is hardcoded.
    But for the sake of being curious, I will ask around on some dreambox forum to figure out the location of these files.
  • »02.01.11 - 20:57