Scheduled backups with Diavolo MOS native port?
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Dragster
    Hi there... I decided to give Diavolo backup (MorphOS native port) a try and set a scheduled backup for my MorphOS partition but unfortunately it doesn't work! Diavolo bacup works just fine doing it manually but when the scheduled event starts, the scheduler opens Diavolo and then it does nothing, it just sits there and afert a few secs a small requester with this message is shown:

"API port of Diavolo Backup not found!"...

So, does that mean that this port of Diavolo does NOT include the API? Isn't it supposed to include all the functionality of the last 68K version? What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Dragster
  • »08.12.10 - 19:13
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    It should work. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere when it was ported... I have to take a look.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »08.12.10 - 22:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Dragster
    Thank you! That would be great. I can test if you want!

Cheers,

Dragster
  • »08.12.10 - 23:04
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    itix

Thanks for looking again. If you notice a lot of people have questions about backing up morphos on the ml and forums..
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »09.12.10 - 03:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Ingo
    Problem seems to occur when Diavolo is not already running, which usually is the case when you use the scheduler. When i have Diavolo already running (idle) and the scheduled event starts, everything seems to work fine.

Problem is somewhere in the daemon after it starts Diavolo.
  • »09.12.10 - 14:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Dragster
    Quote:

Problem seems to occur when Diavolo is not already running, which usually is the case when you use the scheduler. When i have Diavolo already running (idle) and the scheduled event starts, everything seems to work fine.

Problem is somewhere in the daemon after it starts Diavolo.

Yep, it works if Diavolo is started before, but.. in scheduled backups that doesn't make sense :-)

Cheers,

Dragster
  • »09.12.10 - 15:08
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Ingo
    I know it doesn't make sense :)

I found the problem. The daemon uses SystemTagList() to execute Diavolo. Diavolo is supposed to detach itself and therefore isn't called asynchronious from the daemon. The MorphOS native version of Diavolo doesn't detach itself from the daemon and so the daemon is waiting for Diavolo to end before it continues to do anything useful.

When you start the 68k version and the native version via shell, you see the problem.
  • »09.12.10 - 15:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Dragster
    Quote:

I found the problem. The daemon uses SystemTagList() to execute Diavolo. Diavolo is supposed to detach itself and therefore isn't called asynchronious from the daemon. The MorphOS native version of Diavolo doesn't detach itself from the daemon and so the daemon is waiting for Diavolo to end before it continues to do anything useful.

Cool! I'm glad you've found it... is there any chance to get an update with the fix?

Thank you!!!
  • »09.12.10 - 17:54