A girl and her hungry Cow
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    This morning there was a notification on the workbench, with the image of a anime girl style and a com. Is was noted that I wasnt running the rc5-dnetc client, and there was lots of "sweet-talking":) to get me into installing and using it.

I followed the link and downloaded it.
    However, after a few minutes of running it, the fan on Mac mini starts to run quite loud. so I decided to stop the app.

I have some questions about this:
    Where did that notification come from? Is it part of the Mos2.6 installation that will check for the rc5 client in given times, or is it something that I have installed without knowning about it? Or is it some messaging system in MorhOS that checks for messages on a given server?

Also I noticed that the cpu monitor that I have activated in the titlescreen changes its background colour to dark blue when running dnetc. What does this mean?
  • »12.11.10 - 11:31
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > is it something that I have installed without knowning about it?

Obviously.

> I noticed that the cpu monitor that I have activated in the titlescreen changes its
    > background colour to dark blue when running dnetc. What does this mean?

Probably that means it's in 'ignore dnetc' mode, depending on your settings for that CPU monitor.

Edit: Try http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/get9-1.1_dummy.lha

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf on 2010/11/12 14:31 ]
  • »12.11.10 - 11:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    Thats tokais little "trojan"
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3038&forum=9&goto=next&viewmode=flat&order=0
  • »12.11.10 - 11:46
  • JJ
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    JJ
    I had this for the first time after I installed the new pack ultimate.

Just said no thanks. knew what it was from when I used to be part of team amiga and running this on my PPC equpped classic
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
  • »12.11.10 - 12:43
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I have the pack ultimate, but not the later ones. So its probably one of the programs in there.
    But I had Mos 2.4, then installed pack ultimate, then upgraded to MOS2.5 and later to 2.6, but today was the first time I have gotten that message. So aperently it doesnt happen to often. If it will go months before next time its ok, but if it start coming every day I will search for a way to remove it.

>Thats tokais little "trojan"
    I noticed that girl in tokais avatar is the same one as in the requestor :)
  • »12.11.10 - 18:25
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > its probably one of the programs in there. [...] if it start coming
    > every day I will search for a way to remove it.

I already gave the solution in my posting.
  • »12.11.10 - 19:19