Surprising OWB behavior...
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    I've been enjoying OWB 1.9 and all the benefits it brings to MorphOS webbrowsing. In the past, I've enjoyed YouTube and HTML5 (and the full-screen, lower CPU mode). Just recently, however, I've noticed that I can't get HTML5 videos to play fullscreen. In fact, the entire context menu that used to appear with a right click is completely gone!

Before writing, I checked to make sure I wa in the HTML5 beta, and I am, and I made sure the scripts were enabled in OWB. This doesn't make sense...

To top it off, Fab's built-in Media Player is now working better (as far as CPU) than HTML5 did! Does this make sense? I can switch a flash video to fullscreen and the CPU drops to nothing.

Weird...

TJH
  • »11.09.10 - 17:59
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    If it doesn't show contextmenu or go fullscreen (or rather overlay) anymore, that's because youtube broke it again a few weeks ago, but i uploaded a fixed script soon after.
    It's http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js

And to clear things up:
    when the HTML5 cookie is not set or that the video isn't available as HTML5 (yet), the youtube.js script (if it's active) extracts the video direct link and plays it with the builtin HTML5 player. And indeed, the builtin HTML5 player requires a bit less CPU power (less rescaling and dynamic elements). And of course, the fullscreen button works as advertised without additional script too. :)
  • »11.09.10 - 18:26
    Profile Visit Website