Can I enqueue music files in order to play them in that orde
  • Just looking around
    Captainthunder
    On the PC I always select mp3 files in the windows explorer (or filemagager tool like WinNC or DirOpus). With a simple right-click on the song(s), I select Enqueue in Winamp. Winamp will create a play list of songs in the order I loaded them.

Can I do the same with a music player with MorphOS?
    Can I use the menu under the right button and enqueue music files in a mediaplayer without launching the music player every time ?

[ Edited by Captainthunder on 2010/7/29 22:26 ]
  • »29.07.10 - 20:25
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    xyphoid
    not sure if we are on the same page, but if you have gmplayer(mplayer w/gui) then you can use the playlist option and load music in the order you want, or adjust it up or down
  • »29.07.10 - 20:34
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @CaptainThunder

It would be possible as well from ambient, if you configure a specific menu/doubleclick action for that, and that the player program you plan to use actually supports enqueuing by a rexx command. ANR and other music players may have this kind of rexx command (needs to be checked). I know MPlayer can load files from rexx, but i don't see any way to enqueue several files without playing the first file (it would be easy to add in the next version if needed, though).

With mplayer, you can also just drop the selection in the mplayer playlist window to enqueue them, but that's not exactly what you asked.
  • »29.07.10 - 22:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Captainthunder
    Thanks for the answers.
    I will try mplayer as default player for audio, so I can enqueue files.
    If it's easy to add enqueuing by a rexx command (with specific menu action in ambient) in the next version, I would be really happy 8-)
  • »30.07.10 - 08:16