All-In-One printers/scanners
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I have been looking around for a decent modern printer/scanner that will work with MorphOS. I have yet not found any All-In-One printers that have a SANE driver for the scanner part.

My next printer will be a All-In-One printer, simply because they save space, have decent quality, are available in any electronics hardware shop, and they are cheap. Eg. like the HP Photosmart C4780 or similar (I just found this on a webshop to have a reference to such a printer that is available).

What I see as the best solution for this will be to get a printer with usb and wifi connection. Many of the wifi printers does support scanning from the web-interface, so that you get scanning from your browser. Also thanks to the netprinter device, it should be possible to print via the network as well. This means you can put the unit anywhere, and as a bonus the other computers in the household can use it as well.

A user at amigaworld confirmed that scanning and printing worked with the HP Photosmart C6280 printer. (that was with OS4, but he was using a generic printer driver, so I guess the available morphos drivers would work just as well). I think many new printers today from HP, Epson and Canon will work fairly ok with some of the older printer drivers.

But before buying it would be better to know exactly what you get, so anybody with some experiences on this matter would be welcome to give their feedback.
    - which brand have the best (easy to use and most features) webinterface?
    - How good is the printing result with the available drivers for MorphOS?
    - Printing via network (netprinter device), how well does that work?
  • »26.06.10 - 13:01