Installer improvements
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    I understand Guido Mersmann to be the author of installer, but am not sure if he is still maintaining it, so don'tknow who/how to contact about it.

This is not a bug report, more a feature request.

Currently, ambient's file browser uses a 'double-click to expand' convention (as do most applications when browsing to open/save files).

However, installer uses a 'single-click to expand' convention. This is a little confusing, as I (and I'm sure many others) inevitably end up double-clicking, and going further into the directory tree than intended as a result.

Easy to fix for the user - just navigate back to wehere you want to be - but not condusive to the overall user experience.

As a suggestion for improvement (especially for new users) I would suggest changing this to a 'double-click to expand' convention to be in line with the rest of MorphOS.

Regards

Rich
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »21.06.10 - 16:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    For the directory display standard mui dirlist.mcc is used, which has some more issues on MorphOS. Like showing all entries twice sometimes.

I simply do not use filepanel, because its failing on non MorphOS systems, which is a must as the Installer is ment for more than just MorphOS.

I may have a look on that later, but currently I don?t have time for this.

And yes. The installer is still under development.. Latest version can be found here: http://www.geit.de/eng_additional.html

Geit

[ Edited by geit on 2010/6/22 0:37 ]
  • »21.06.10 - 17:13
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Thanks Geit,

It's good to know who's who around here :-)

I appreciate it's not a high priority, I'm trying to be a bit more active in terms of suggesting improvements (and also thanking people for their work).

Thanks for the explanation, I can appreciate the need to maintaining compatibility with non-MorphOS systems.

Regards

Rich
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »21.06.10 - 17:56
    Profile Visit Website