Where to find TFM?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    I'm tinkering around with this eMac and it is mostly going well. The default. Are there any more docs than system system:docs and morphos-team.net? I'm having a little trouble with MorphOS Preferences -> monitors. The docs mention ModeEdit, which I guess was replaced with Monitors?

BTW: Is it normal for an eMac to show up as iMac in Monitors? I ask because USE is ghosted out for the few modes available...
  • »19.06.10 - 01:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I dont know about the eMac, but the USE button is ghosted here as well. I have a Mac Mini with a Dell 2007WFP monitor.

Not sure what the USE button is ment to do anyway. It also says in the text line in the same window that a reboot is needed for new modes to be available. But if you select one mode and Edit it, you can test the screenmode from there.
    To actually change the screenmode in use, you must go back to the main settings panel and open the Screens settings.
  • »19.06.10 - 09:49
    Kronos
    Bout that ghosted "use", shouldn't there be an explanation right above ? Someting like "a rebbot is needed to activate new modes". Atleast here I see something like that (in german but still ;) ). So "use" makes no sense, serves no function and is rightfully disabled.

Now bout the modes, MorphOS has recognized your monitor as it seems (the iMac thing might just be an typo) so you should first check wether the values make any sense for the inbuild CRT.

The 17" should be something around 70kHz and the default (optimal) resolution is 1280x960. Is that mode missing ? Or what are you trying to achieve ?
  • »19.06.10 - 11:56
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    USE is a general voice selectable with all voices of System Settings panel. As Amyren noticed if you create a new screenmode you can use it rebooting system. So the USE button is useless here. In fact is ghosted here on Pegasos II too.

Edit: as Kronos explained =)

[ Edited by Jambalah on 2010/6/19 14:00 ]
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »19.06.10 - 11:59
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    I'm tinkering around with this eMac and it is mostly going well. The default. Are there any more docs than system system:docs and morphos-team.net? I'm having a little trouble with MorphOS Preferences -> monitors. The docs mention ModeEdit, which I guess was replaced with Monitors?

"Monitors" is really just "ModeEdit" renamed. So this document should still apply.
  • »19.06.10 - 12:38
    Profile Visit Website