crashes with owb/tubexx
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiga4001
    I am using a peg2 with 2.5 installed now.
    At some point the machine freezes when using internet.
    Not only owb but also tubexx has this problem.
    Not even a reboot can cure this problem,the machine freezes on the open firmware prompt when rebooting.
    Only cure when a crash? has happened is a cold start so power it down for 10 minutes and a restart.
    Some idea's?
    Powerbook 5,4 1.5GHz 1.5GB ram
  • »13.06.10 - 15:47
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    It looks like faulty hardware. Maybe a heat issue as you do a 10 minute cool down.

Launch some intensive CPU task like playing a video with mplayer and see it if fails at some points.

If this is the case, see if the stability can be increased with some big fan blowing directly on the mobo (case open...).

Be sure the CPU cooler is ok too. Faulty fan is common problem and can destroy the CPU...
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »13.06.10 - 18:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiga4001
    Freezing just happened again while playing a mavie and trying to launch tubexx.
    Mplayer doesn't freeze it just keeps on playing but tubexx stops the processorload is then 99%.
    Can't quit tubexx can quit mplayer still 99% processorload.
    It's a softwareproblem I think somewhere maybe a mui class?
    Also noticed while on standby after a bootup for a few minutes while nothing is launched system also freezes..(can't startup any programs).
    Powerbook 5,4 1.5GHz 1.5GB ram
  • »13.06.10 - 20:06