Sputnik Bounty about to end...
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    The Sputnik bounty is about to reach its deadline.

Has anyone heard anything about what's happening with the development, if anything at all?

:-?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »26.12.09 - 18:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I'm sure it was given up with the release of OWB, its been ages since I've seen a new release.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »26.12.09 - 19:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tronman
    Since my Pegs all seem to have gone to the great computer shop in the sky, I haven't been keeping up with Sputnik, but even what was there took MorphOS into the modern age-it even sorta worked on eBay!

I think his efforts really spurred the OWB team onward, and I think he deserves the bounty.
  • »26.12.09 - 19:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    I think his efforts really spurred the OWB team onward, and I think he deserves the bounty.

That's great idea, but I'm not sure if Fab will accept that. But at the very end, all the people which paid the money have to decide.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »26.12.09 - 19:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @pampers

I think tronman rather meant that Marcik should get the money, even if the project is now apparently stalled, since it showed WebKit could be ported and "showed the way" (that said, Tronman is wrong, because OWB is a completely different project that had nothing to do with Sputnik itself).

In any case, I have absolutely nothing to decide about that. :)
  • »26.12.09 - 20:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    cut in half and share it between both ?
  • »26.12.09 - 20:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Fab:

Damn, you are absolutely right. No more drinking and sufring the internet, i swear ;) Anyway - I think you deserved this kind of bounty for all your hard work.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »27.12.09 - 10:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    I thought Marcik would opensource Sputnik if development stopped.
  • »28.12.09 - 12:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    So the Sputnik bounty is officially dead now?

Anyone heard anything from Marcik? Any sign of life whatsoever?

:-?
  • »02.01.10 - 09:10
  • ASiegel
    It is not officially dead. The deadline was pushed back by 3 months for the time being.

Every donor is free to move funds or request a refund at any time if he is unhappy about the development progress.
  • »02.01.10 - 09:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    It is not officially dead. The deadline was pushed back by 3 months for the time being.

Every donor is free to move funds or request a refund at any time if he is unhappy about the development progress.

I like the Sputnik effort, I always did, but can't say I haven't seen *any* kind of progress for a very, very, very long time, and not even any signs of life from the developer either. I don't care about reasons or explanations. It's probably something personal, something that has happened in Marcin's life. Or he simply threw in the towel and left the platform.

I'd like to see a new snapshot release of the current development state. Or, if that's not possible, I would at least want to see some post here from the developer, saying that the project is not dead, and him assuring that the development continues, and that he still has the ambition to finish the project in three more months. Or before summer. Or before next christmas. Or at whatever time.

If he can't even make such a post, then I see no point in pushing the deadline anymore, then I'll deem it dead, futile and pointless, and I will move my money to the 8610 HW bounty (which is also a long shot, but not *entirely* futile, and could result in something very interesting).
  • »02.01.10 - 10:16