TurboPrint problems
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    I'm using the same printer that works perfectly with TurboPrint on my Amithlon box, but can't get it to work properly with MorphOS.

First, some applications simply don't send anythng to the printer. I can't get IBrowse or APDF to print. ImageFX and DrawStudio send data to the printer, but the height is doubled (images look stretched). I'm using the EpsonSylusColor760 driver. I have the device set to usbparallel.device, unit 0 (according to Trident).

Tips?

TJH
  • »17.12.09 - 21:34
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    in this tab
    http://www.webalice.it/fulvio.peruggi/public/Pegasos&MorphOS/Articles/02_TurboPrint7.60/3_GfxSize.png

change from Bounded to something else and gfx won't be stretched.
  • »18.12.09 - 08:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Thanks!

Checking something other than bounded fixed the double-height problem. As for the other...

This forum is filled with experts in MorphOS, yet no one could tell me I needed to install Ghostscript? Jeez... A quick search of my sys: showed no trace of the essential tool. So I downloaded and installed GS8.60 and everything is working great now.

One more question: I have a registered version of TurboPrint on my Amithlon box. How do I get TurboPrint to become "registered" on MorphOS?

Travis
  • »20.12.09 - 15:39
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    TurboPrint included with MorphOS is a special full version licensed for MorphOS. You do not need to get it "registered".
  • »20.12.09 - 23:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I downloaded and installed GS8.60

Recent version is 8.70.

http://whoosh777.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
  • »21.12.09 - 00:22
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Hi,

I suggest you to install GS 8.70, it's much much faster, stabler, better... and there are more drivers also. I use the ixemul version here with MorphOS 2.4 and it works fine.
  • »22.12.09 - 06:39
    Profile Visit Website