Sputnik browser...?
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    In the Sputnik bounty, the deadline is set to December 31, 2009. This date is coming up fast now.

Sputnik as a project seems dead. Is it? Or are there updates coming?

Will the bounty deadline be met? Probably not, but who can know what has happened (if anything) during this long silence? A lot of silent development? Who knows?

I'd like to raise the question whether the bounty should be *prolonged* (if there is a realistic chance that new development will actually reach some kind of result), or be *canceled* at the time of deadline, if goals are not met.

What are the opinions of you other bounty contributors? I have long liked the idea of Sputnik, and I considered it a promising project. But it seems like development has ended since some time back?

I would at least want to hear an explanation and some reassuring arguments from the developer of why I should accept my money being part of a *prolonged* bounty. If I can see that, I will probably accept a prolonged bounty time.

Otherwise I would redraw my funds after the deadline passed, and put them somewhere else. In the Open 8610 HW development perhaps...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »08.12.09 - 01:42
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    The bounty was already canceled by an anonymous donor two weeks ago, didn't you get the memo?

(sorry, I could not resist)
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »08.12.09 - 05:06