Wildfire question
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Hello!

I have here running Wildfire 7 / PPC (Version 7.15), and I want to test
    the MPEG - Loader/Saver modules in the MorphOS native versions.

How or where can I access them. In the documentation of Wildfire
    is only mentioned, that there is support for?MPG1 &2, but not how I can save my projects with this...

When I choose MPEG-Animation in the output, I can only set the FPS and the bitrate, but not the type of MPEG.

Thanks!

Boris
  • »04.03.09 - 21:01
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Does this app run nice under MorphOS? We own it and want to install. IS the developer still around?
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »05.03.09 - 07:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    IIRC, Wildfire unfortunately supports only mpeg1 so you can`t choose between mpeg 1 and 2.

However, you can export your anim as single frames (don`t forget to choose a proper resolution) and encode it then with mencoder etc to every format you wish.

discreetfx:

Well, Wildfire runs very nicely on MorphOS 1.4 (iirc there where once some quirks with early MUI Beta Versions, but afair they got fixed), since I still can`t afford MorphOS 2.x yet I am unable to say how fine it works there.

Andreas K?ster is still around from time to time, you might contact him via his homepage. (However, since he is a dad now, i guess his time is a bit more precious this days ;) )

Oh btw for a first start, I made a little tutorial, have a look here
  • »05.03.09 - 08:31
  • ASiegel
    @ DiscreetFX

The official website for can be found at the following address:
    http://www.wk-artworks.de/

Development of the successor to Wildfire, named Taifun, was stopped a long time ago.
  • »05.03.09 - 08:36
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    It works generally fine under MorphOS 2.2. The PPC-Option does not affect the speed of Wildfire - I use it with the tooltype.

@takemehomegrandma:

I have downloaded the Loader/Saver modules and installed it correctly.
    But how can I use them in Wildfire? I think they are only for additional usage with a shell, not directly from the program...?

And for this the Mencoder or ffmpeg is really better...

Perhaps must contact the author of Wildfire for the solution...

Thanks!

Boris
  • »05.03.09 - 21:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Quote:

_coliN_ wrote:

It works generally fine under MorphOS 2.2. The PPC-Option does not affect the speed of Wildfire - I use it with the tooltype.

Must have been fixed then with MorphOS 2.x, under 1.4 you had to disable the ppc option or else you had some bad crashes
    Quote:

I have downloaded the Loader/Saver modules and installed it correctly.
    But how can I use them in Wildfire? I think they are only for additional usage with a shell, not directly from the program...?

And for this the Mencoder or ffmpeg is really better...

Perhaps must contact the author of Wildfire for the solution...

Thanks!

Boris

Well, as explained in the readme for the loader/saver you simply replace them in the tools directory (don`t forget to make a backup).
    And thats basicly it, when you want to export your anim as mpeg, you choose mpeg Animation. But as allready mentioned, the mpeg saver iirc just exports mpeg 1, if you want mpeg 2, you better choose a picture sequence and encode it with mencoder.

[ Edited by Bladerunner on 2009/3/5 23:17 ]
  • »05.03.09 - 22:17
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    osco
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »02.11.09 - 20:11