Portings: Is it possible to have AviDemux on MorphOS?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    avidemux_img

MAINSITE:

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Quote:

Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
    Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.

I have it on Windows and I found it quite useful.

MORE:

it is available also in Linux PPC code.

MORE:

It supports ALTIVEC on PPC G4, although I read of various complaints of Linux people who were not capable to compile Avidemux with Altivec support.

One single limitation:

It works under GTK+

Does our actual GTK-MUI wrapper allow such a porting of this little beautiful program?

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2009/9/10 11:21 ]

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2009/9/10 11:23 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »10.09.09 - 10:19
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    For applications like this "GDK-MUI" is probably needed.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »10.09.09 - 12:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    It doesn't require GTK, there's also Qt version available (which probably would be even harder), and command line version aswell - the last one would probably be relatively easy to port (at least relative to the others), but probably wouldn't be as useful, as you can just use mencoder from command line already :-)
  • »10.09.09 - 13:18
    Profile Visit Website