New MPlayer in the Wild with DVD Menu!
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    @ Fab
    @ CISC

thanks very much for your help, i will try the "list lformat" then.

@ Fab

About the mp4 format: it seems that my encoded videos do still not work with a flash player :-( after having the video encoded with the following command line:

mencoder invideo.avi -o outvideo.mp4 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -ovc x264 -oac faac -x264encopts bitrate=300

The result of the above video seems to be:
    "mp4" with h264 - yuv420p - 480x400.

What I would need is:
    "mp4 h.264" with x264 h264 - 480x400.

So I tried to encode another video with the following command line:

mencoder invideo.avi -o outvideo.mp4 -of lavf -lavfopts format=h264 -ovc x264 -oac faac -x264encopts bitrate=300

I dont know if the video encoded with these values work yet, but I had a look on the net and didn't find a lot of comprehensive tutorials...

Do/would you have any further suggestions?

Best regards

Christoph
  • »19.09.08 - 07:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Mh, i really don't know what's required by a "flash player". Better play one that works with mplayer and see what it says.
  • »19.09.08 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    for a very basic one:

mencoder <source file> -o <dest file> -ovc x264 -oac faac -x264encopts bitrate=512

But i strongly suggest you look at x264 (and aac) encoding options, there are really many of them. Or try googling "ovc x264" for examples. Note that libx264 API/options is not stable, so many examples might be obsolete now. My libx264 is based on daily snapshot from 13 september or so, for reference.

Hi Fab,

I tried to encode with latest mencoder in x264 but it seemes not to work anymore... it worked though before.
    If the x264 isn't included anymore, could you please add it again? Otherwise I dont know what could be wrong here as I tried to encode with the same command line as the one which worked with an older version of mencoder.

Manny thanks for having a look at it.

Regrads

Christoph
  • »06.08.09 - 10:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    I just tried, and it works fine. Maybe you just use x264 options that no longer exist (x264 changed quite a lot too).

[ Edited by Fab on 2009/8/6 12:57 ]
  • »06.08.09 - 12:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    @ Fab

Thanks for feed-back! I don't know yet if this could be because of outdated options... I will investigate.

I stumpled over another strange thing, I had to encode a .mov for someone and change the codec to some playable one as well as the container to .avi, on an external harddisc player. Now I made a lot of different encodings and none worked. The player's error was: codec not supported. Here are the command lines which did produce a non playing video file on the player (it played ok on MorphOS 2.3 though:

mencoder_latest -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 P3-AV:20090328_lodge/mov/window_pp.mov -o "Ram Disk:window_pp.avi"

mencoder_latest -oac mp3lame -ofps 25 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell:v4mv:last_pred=2:dia=-1:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:cmp=3:subcmp=3:precmp=0:vqcomp=0.6:turbo P3-AV:20090328_lodge/mov/window_pp.mov -o "Ram Disk:window_pp_05.avi"

then I changed the order in the command line (I don't remember why I did that) to:

mencoder_latest -ofps 25 P3-AV:20090328_lodge/mov/window_pp.mov -o "Ram Disk:window_pp_07.avi" -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4

and now it works fine, the video can be played without problems.

Is this normal behavour? Are there any rules which or what has to be used in a certain order in the command line? Perhaps this, the order, could be also the problem why my encoded x264's do not work/play on an automated internet video distribution?

Any feed-back about this would be very much welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Christoph
  • »17.08.09 - 06:40
    Profile Visit Website