Second USB keyboard, key bindings in MPlayer
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Hi all, and specially Fab!

I've just picked from the dustbin of our department a fully functional Kensington Wireless Presenter. It's a little USB gizmo that actually presents itself as a generic keyboard, but only with three keys: Back, Pause and Forward. Well, actually, it has a fourth key, that lights up the built in laser pointer. Neat huh?

The thing is, I'd like it to pair it with the FABtastic MPlayer, and would need to change the program's default control keys. The device's buttons are understood by this PC as the following keys:

Back: Home.
    Pause: Lowercase b.
    Forward: End.

How can I tell MPlayer to use these keys, instead of "Left", "Space" and "Right"? Does Fab's version process the "input.conf" file that the official documentation mentions? If so, does it obey the syntax I've found elsewhere?

Perhaps, I should use Geit's fantastic MMKeyboard, in order to change the remote keys to the regular MPlayer keys. But how does MorphOS, in general, behave with two keyboards? Or should I say Poseidon?
  • »25.06.09 - 14:29
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Sure, my port handles that conf/input.conf just the same way it's handled in linux or anywhere else. Just notice that End and Home keys are already bound to mplayer playlist navigation.
    What you want to achieve is perfectly doable. By the way mouse buttons can also be bound. Only joystick buttons are not handled yet, but they also could in a future version.
  • »25.06.09 - 14:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiades
    Perhaps you can make a custom keyboard map for that device, so its keys get translated as the keys you need...
  • »25.06.09 - 14:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Thanks Fab! Amiades, about that keymap... Isn't it better to use MMKeyboard?

(Asturiaaaaas paaatria queridaaaaaa...)

[ Edited by jcmarcos on 2009/6/25 17:42 ]
  • »25.06.09 - 16:41