Another diagram program
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    Hi,

Not really the same thing than plot, but for thus who need that this is Graphviz - Dot for MorphOS 2.x:

* Binary (just the dot program, get others things from the official distribution archive):

http://www.yomgui.fr/projects/dot-2.18-morphos.lha

* Sources:

- GD (dot needs it): http://www.yomgui.fr/projects/gd-mos-2.0.35_20080412-src.lha
    - DOT: http://www.yomgui.fr/projects/graphviz-mos-2.18_20080412-src.lha

A last word: even if I gives sources (GPL ;-)), don't expect to build them, because I'm using a special python script that needs a private Python tools that I'm currently developing...
    Anyway, very easy to write a makefile from it ;-)

[ Edited by Yomgui on 2008/12/4 10:17 ]
    And now... next project!
  • »04.12.08 - 09:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Yomgui! It's been so long... After you dropped your "Feelin" GUI toolkit, I thought you were leaving us. In fact, your homepage still holds the "goodbye" that many developers put a long time ago, as a kind of protest.
    Could you bring back your site? Perhaps, you could post there more information and screeshots from this new "Graphviz - Dot" you are presenting here.
  • »04.12.08 - 10:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    That's one sad release, that is. The only good thing is that the archive filename is proper. :-)

Downloaded the archive. Unpacked. Just the binary inside. I started it and it just hangs forever (seems to react on CTRL-C at least). Ok, now I've read here that it needs some files from some mystical official distribution archive. Where is that archive? No link provided here in your post nor in a ReadMe inside the archive (where I would expect this).

It probably isn't very hard to make a full archive (including all related distribution files), I guess. So what's the reason for this pity release. Lazyness? :-)

Gone to NIL: for now... looking forward to some improved release. Just downloaded to find out what it actually is, still curious about this. Didn't found out yet (Yes, I am too lazy to google it up. It's not my job to do that.) :-)

Further, if it's GPL -and If I understood that wicked licence correctly- you can't make it depend on some private build tools/ setup. It must be buildable for the person who got your binary. If you can't share your stuff then you must provide at least the alternative way (this Makefile you were refering too), so a 3rd party can recreate this binary w/o hassle.

regards,
    tokai
  • »04.12.08 - 14:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    General information: GPL license put the build tools chain into the system.
    So, you don't have to release sources of tools used to make the code and to built it...
    ... or Windows is totally open :-P

Now about the "builtability" of sources: GPL doesn't force also that the build chain works perfectly, you have just to provide the same "sources" that permit to obtain the binary provided. As the make-mos.py scripts is really easy to read and to convert to a Makefile, and as Makefile.old files are provided also in the sources archives, any "good" coder is able to produce the binary in more or less 10 minutes.

@tokai: Your logic should enforce to provide system SDK in the sources archive and so on.. and you know it's not the case.
    So I think that your post is useless, false. And you are really too lazy :-P

Anyway, thus how know what's dot, should know what to do with... others ones SHOULD use google.

Final words: I've provided this, as it, without think to support it later. For thus that doesn't know yet, I'm too busy on some important and needed projects, like the Firewire stack.

[ Edited by Yomgui on 2008/12/5 10:09 ]
    And now... next project!
  • »05.12.08 - 09:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

For thus that doesn't know yet, I'm too busy on some important and needed projects, like the Firewire stack.

no kiddin! thats great! thank you for doing such a project!
    the time for movieshop is coming:D

[ Edited by sadddam on 2008/12/5 12:53 ]
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »05.12.08 - 11:53
    Profile Visit Website