MUI and Ambient updates
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    I haven't seen comments about MUI and Ambient since many weeks, so I tend to think that these two very important MorphOS components are now stable enough for an update.

Thanks to Lukas Stehlik's fantastic software index, I've found these updates:

- MUI 4 beta: 23/12/2007.
    - Ambient 1.43: 19/03/2008.

Are these really the latest versions? For example, I once red about a 24/12/2007 MUI 4 version, that seems unavalaible now.
    Should I also get every updated MUI custom class?

[ Edited by jcmarcos on 2008/4/1 9:03 ]
  • »01.04.08 - 09:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    luky-amiga
    Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad my software index is useful to somebody, it gives me strength to update it even more.

Yes, these are the latest version AFAIK.
    I'm using latest MUI 4 betaversion and Ambient 1.43 nightly build - no problem here.

Thanks to Geit and Kiero latest changes, I compiled and uploaded fresh new Ambient nightly build 01/04/2008 :-)
    Great new feature - added clever auto mark. If you select "fuh.jpg" to be renamed the text input will mark "fuh" by default.
    Small fix - selection color changes are again working in realtime, see changelog.

[ Edited by luky-amiga on 2008/4/1 11:37 ]
  • »01.04.08 - 11:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

luky-amiga wrote:
    I'm glad my software index is useful to somebody, it gives me strength to update it even more.

Your software index is, in my opinion, very very good.

Quote:

Yes, these are the latest version AFAIK. I'm using latest MUI 4 betaversion and Ambient 1.43 nightly build - no problem here.

In this case, I'll proceed with the update in my setup.

Quote:

Thanks to Geit and Kiero latest changes, I compiled and uploaded fresh new Ambient nightly build 01/04/2008

Great! You say you've upload this new version. Where can I donwload it?
  • »01.04.08 - 15:24
  • mk
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    mk
    @ jcmarcos
    Last ambient compilation (1.4.) from ambient/cz:

http://www.pegasosppc.cz/software/ambient/ambient-1.43_nightly-080401.tgz

is horrible bugy! (no start from panel, dirs not opened ...)

Last compilation (1.4.) from geit:

ftp://ambient:ambient@geitathome.dyndns.org/betas/Ambient/ambient-1.43_nightly-080401.tgz

work!
  • »01.04.08 - 17:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    luky-amiga
    @mk

Geit build is compiled WITHOUT debug output like this NODEBUG version:

http://www.pegasosppc.cz/software/ambient/ambient-1.43_nightly-080401-nodebug.tgz

I always used Ambient NODEBUG version - smaller, faster... without problems, like "Geit version".
    I used all official NODEBUG versions (morphosambient.sf.net, or if you want ambient/cz) without problems for years ;-)

But I was told to create Ambient DEBUG versions aswell if I want to do it official, because it's neccessary for debugging in case of problems.
    I'm not using these and it seems that DEBUG version itself was buggy, so thanks for reporting problems, I'm sorry.
    I will try to find out why latest DEBUG version is not working (february debug version was working).
    Your link to ambient/cz is save now, it links to NODEBUG version which is tested and working.

[ Edited by luky-amiga on 2008/4/1 18:50 ]
  • »01.04.08 - 18:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    luky-amiga
    @mk

Ambient DEBUG version is fixed now. I downgraded to my MorphOS SDK backup - before "unofficial" GCC4 Morgoth update.
    I have some troubles with this SDK update, this was the second chance, I was told it's working - ok, not for me :-(
    Maybe I messed up something else so I don't want to blame Morgoth's GCC4. I pray for new complete MorphOS SDK.

I will test both Ambient versions (no debug, debug) in the future, again sorry for this non-working debug version,
    luckily working nodebug version is much more famous according to download statistics.

[ Edited by luky-amiga on 2008/4/1 19:49 ]
  • »01.04.08 - 19:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    Thanks for your work Luky ! :)
    Obligement - L'Amiga au maximum
    http://obligement.free.fr
  • »01.04.08 - 21:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    thx!
    your index is great, really! keep it going!
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »02.04.08 - 00:05
    Profile Visit Website