Christmas present from MOS Team?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    So, first of all, Merry Christmas to everyone out there! What are your plans for Christmas and what do you plan to buy? :)

Does anyone think we will get a Christmas present from the MorphOS team? I think everyone knows what I am talking about.

How about a "developer pre-release" ? It would be nice if the MorphOS community could share in the advances the MorphOS team has done in the last several years, even if incomplete.
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »22.12.07 - 19:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    judas
    That's exactly what I thought ...

There was a big hype about 1.5.. 2.0 .. even the price and the MAC-lock copyprotection were widely discussed ... with only one thing missing:

The product !

Maybe, MorphOS after 1.45 was nothing but a hoax ?
  • »22.12.07 - 20:20
  • ASiegel
    @ HammerD

Quote:

Does anyone think we will get a Christmas present from the MorphOS team?

MorphOS 2.0 is close to be finished, but it will not be released during the upcoming holidays. I can assure you that everyone is focused on getting the release out of the door.

As a positive side-effect, MorphZone visitors will have a good reason to spend the holidays together with their loved ones instead of in front of a computer :-)

Everyone who would like to test an integral MorphOS 2.0 component even before the release is invited to download a recent MUI beta version. Please note that these releases are considered technology previews and may not be ready for daily usage.
  • »22.12.07 - 21:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    What about MorphOS 2.0 developers JoBBo? A beta version of MorphOS 2.0 and an updated SDK would help us with the porting of Aladdin 4D. A native MorphOS version of Aladdin 4D was announced here.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4113
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »22.12.07 - 21:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Recent MUI versions made big advancements, but when checking these out and given they are part of 2.0 it is understandable that MOS 2.0 is not ready, YET.

Anyway, it is very impressive how MUI is progressing ("someone" is very busy), every few days a new beta. Some betas work nice, some cause major probs. The version from today 22-12 seems to be quite nice again.

[ Edited by Zylesea on 2007/12/22 23:28 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »22.12.07 - 21:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @discreetfx,

why would you wait for Morphos2.0 to port Aladdin 4D? In your press release, the only undecided port is the Morphos one, and yet, Morphos is the only amiga-like OS to comply to all Aladdin requirements (most advanced opengl stack, already available, ...). Something that can't be said about aros and amigaos(4)).

[ Edited by Fab on 2007/12/22 22:04 ]
  • »22.12.07 - 22:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    @fab

Nope the Linux version is the one most up in the air. Rest assured a MorphOS version of Aladdin 4D will come. We made a little jab since version 2.0 is not out yet. The biggest jab was against Windows though.

:)
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »22.12.07 - 22:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    downix
    Jobbo! Miss ya guy!

DiscreetFX, we really need to talk sometime.
    Nate Downes
    Genesi SARL
  • »23.12.07 - 01:05
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Merry Christmas to all Morphers out there!

Hey! Don?t push the MorphOS Team! Let MorphOS hit the streets when its ready for, and not before. (I?m also impatient, tho)

I think the entire Team is putting their efforts to make their best.

Remember, slow cooking makes always the best tastes.
  • »23.12.07 - 02:48
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Charvel
    @ JoBBo

Haha :) Head on the nail!

I dont want an unfinished Beta or Alpha release for christmas.
    I rather wait for the finished product.
    After what I have seen in pictures and videos on the internet its worth waiting for! =)
  • »23.12.07 - 04:17
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    How many people read this expecting to see the official announcement for 2.0 ? :-D

Sucks..but that's life!

Merry Xmas MorphOS'ians

[ Edited by JKD on 2007/12/23 0:13 ]
  • »23.12.07 - 08:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    MorphOS has the potential to be every bit as nice as Mac OS X Tiger and it is not as bloated and does not need insane RAM & CPU requirements. Don't get me wrong here I don't dislike OS X but I hate to see MorphOS miss opportunity's since it is also a great operating system and could be being used by millions instead of 10,000 of thousands.

[ Edited by discreetfx on 2007/12/23 12:53 ]
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »23.12.07 - 18:52
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zhulien
    why not call it something like -666 chicken version rather than 2.0 ? or perhaps some other unique identification system.
  • »24.12.07 - 00:47