AmIRC issue
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Ave!

Please help me, this thing makes me absolutely crazy: I use two AmIRC's at the same time, the first always starts when I boot and connects to a BitlBee server (and through this server to MSN and ICQ). The other client is for regular IRC - but, sometimes if I want to start the client it says that "Cannot open vapor_toolkit.library". It is definetly where it should be, because the other client is still running.

The problem came some months ago, before that point I never got this message. There aren't any new programs installed (except the newer versions of YAM nightly, Ambient, and maybe the trance update).

Another thing what you should know is that when the problem appears, if I write "avail flush" into console, the whole system hangs.

Please help me locating the bug...
    :/
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »21.04.07 - 16:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Did you launch Sputnik before this message ? I have it sometimes too... But don't know why...
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »21.04.07 - 17:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    It looks like something is corrupting heavily your system (memlist trashed, or even worse).

You should have a look at your debuglog when it happens and especially when you can hang system with avail flush, to locate the culprit.
  • »21.04.07 - 17:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Quote:

Did you launch Sputnik before this message ?

No, I didn't. I use only IBrowse, AmIRC, SongPlayer, YAM and only a few other programs...

If the problem comes again, I will post my debug log here.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »22.04.07 - 22:38
    Profile Visit Website