ProstationAudio .. where to get ?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    judas
    Hi,
    On the homepage of prostationaudio, I can read, that genesi is the site to get the MOS-version.
    But all I can find are links to dead ends ... is there a link which works ?

( As there's a big lack of MOS-native software, at least this binaries should be easily available ...)
    bye
  • »04.08.05 - 11:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    http://www.audiolabs.it/prostation/

Go to the home page and email the author. Tell him your a MOS/Peg user and would like a replacement copy sent to you. He will email it. I had to do it not long ago and he was very helpful and told me to mention it to anyone else that needs the MOS version.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »04.08.05 - 12:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    mahen
    Nice to hear. Does he plan updates ?

I tried at the time the superbundle was released, and it seemed quite unstable. Is someone here using it ?
    xmpp:mahen on jabber.fr
  • »04.08.05 - 12:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Nice, I sent an email also to get the MorphOS version as well ;-)
  • »04.08.05 - 13:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    judas
    Hi,
    I got a reply from dr. Maurizio Ciccione from PSA.
    He wrote, that we should ask genesi to fix this, as he cannot act due to legal issues.
    I'll write to genesi, probably, everyone interessted should to the same ..
    bye
  • »04.08.05 - 17:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    I received the email from the author of PSA. It's the following:

"Hello,

at present Genesi is not providing online copies of PSA. As their license contract allows them to choose how to distribute
    the product you should contact them and ask about this topic. I don't have updated info about their plans regarding the
    PSA for MOS bundle. If you have news please let me know, thank you."

So it's up to Genesi now, right? :-)
  • »04.08.05 - 21:15
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Hmm what a shame, it seems I am without my copy as well now. I forgot to save it when I formated my machine last time. I've sent a message to BBRV about this.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »04.08.05 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    That's nice Acill ;-)

We are waiting news from you then :-)
  • »04.08.05 - 21:49
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    The SuperBundle is no longer distributed by Genesi. Resellers that still sell it should not be. They are not authorized by license from us or the copyright holders.

When MorphOS 1.5 is released we will look into a NEW SuperBundle. Of course, if there is one, we will include PSA. It cost quite a bit of money to put the last SuperBundle together, but if it helps boost the success of 1.5 we will probably do something. Of course, this won't be until we clear everything we have decided to clear from the past.

R&B :-)
  • »06.08.05 - 11:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    I still have it on my harddisk. If it's legally ok, I could send to anybody who is interested.
  • »06.08.05 - 11:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    So can someone tell that PSA is legal to spread it and to the other MorphOS users out there? :-)
  • »12.08.05 - 14:41
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    Quote:

The SuperBundle is no longer distributed by Genesi. Resellers that still sell it should not be. They are not authorized by license from us or the copyright holders.

Uh... I can't see why you could forbid it.
    Do you intend to buy back the resellers' remaining stock ?
  • »12.08.05 - 15:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    @all concerned...

There are no Resellers with "stock" that was legally produced. There are Resellers that continue to produce copies of the original distribution.

There were a variety of terms and conditions that were negotiated and settled for the applications included in the SuperBundle. In the case of PSA, a flat free was paid for a perpetual license. In contrast, the Birdie Shoot license was established for X copies at Y price. Still other applications, from IOSPIRIT for example, were introductory packages that required registration and were tied to an attractive upgrade program beyond the basic functionality provided in the SuperBundle. In this case, we have been ask to cease distribution because it negatively influenced sales of the more complete product. Those are just a few examples. The bottom line is that we should not ignore the terms and conditions in place, that is why we stopped to distribute the SUperBundle.

Between the licenses obtained for MorphOS at the operating system level and the licenses/purchases made for the SuperBundle, there was a lot of diligent effort made and significant money spent. Today, we simply do not have the time or the resources to dedicate ourselves to resurrecting this focus, but as mentioned we hope to in the not-too-distant-future. We spent this past week at bplan and this was an item that we did discuss with Thomas and Gerald. The new EFIKA 5K2 would make a great platform for MorphOS.

R&B :-)
  • »13.08.05 - 06:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Framiga
    @Acill

"I had to do it not long ago and he was very helpful and told me to mention it to anyone else that needs the MOS version."

please!?! Audiolabs sent you directly a copy of PSA for MOS| can you confirm this?
  • »16.02.06 - 09:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    Quote:

mahen wrote:
    Does he plan updates ?

I very much doubt it.

Quote:

I tried at the time the superbundle was released, and it seemed quite unstable. Is someone here using it ?

I still use it quite a bit. It's a wondeful piece of software but I agree it can be a little flaky sometimes.

PSA has the potential to be the ultimate piece of amiga music software but I don't think it will be developed much further and that accolade now looks destined for HD-Rec, which is catching up fast in the multi-tracking and fx departments and already has a whole host of other "music-software" features not present in PSA.
    --
    Robert.
  • »16.02.06 - 11:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    todi
    Quote:

I still use it quite a bit.

Are you still using it and tried with MUI4 (22.09.beta)? It always crashes (MUI) when I try to import a file. Which is the first thing I want to do... :-(
    ToDi

amigazeux.org
  • »16.11.06 - 22:48
    Profile Visit Website