MUI Beta Display problem
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Furvert
    Looks fine to me. If you mean the violet bar, click the gadget next to name to change it.

The don't click me button is just wierd though. Anybody tried it?
  • »12.11.06 - 08:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    klesterjr
    It used to display little drive & assign icons (selected in the images section of MUI.

I tried doing a clean install of 1.4.5 & the latest MUI beta to see if that worked.

Apparently it's trying to display the 'actual' drive icon now (which is cool) -- but can't properly render Glow Icons. The png icons looked fine, but all the Glow Icons were "pinked out".
  • »12.11.06 - 12:30
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiades
    With latest MUI, my system refuses to start... I don't know exactly why, but it begins to boot, and when the desktop should appear, it opens a console window (with no output), and an "Ambient window". It stays that way untill I reboot.

With the other version (2006-02) everything works fine (except sputnik, which does't show any text (even in 16bit mode)).

I will try to comment some user-sequence lines, and see if it works, but I don't count on it :P.

By the way, I'm having some strange behavior in the boot. When OF starts up, the first three lines of the screen, show the version of my atu card and all that (ati 7500, so something like RV-200). But when It starts to load the kernel, those three lines became colorfull character lines, with this character '?' in them. This has never happened before, but everything seems to work anyway... anyone has had anything like that?
  • »12.11.06 - 18:19
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    About those pink glowicons in asl, it's "normal".

amiades,

if you update to a recent mui, you need to update ambient as well.

And for these '?' characters in OF, this is "normal" too. Upgrading MUI may prevent boot picture from being displayed for some reason, and this weird effect appears instead. I think there were some threads on MZ about that bootpicture issue and there was a solution (like saving again screenmode or so).

[ Edited by Fab on 2006/11/12 18:38 ]
  • »12.11.06 - 18:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Since the asl-filerequesters were mentioned here, is there any way to snapshot the filerequester or set it to a (larger) default size?

The filerequester always opens extremely small, in the right column (drives), only the first two letters are displayed.
    The MUI snapshot button can't be displayed in the filerequester-window and "save position on exit" doesn't change anything.
    I am using the latest MUI beta with a fresh Ambient build (yesterday).
  • »12.11.06 - 18:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiades
    Quote:

The filerequester always opens extremely small, in the right column (drives),

My requester opens correctly, with the latest MUI version, and one of the latests ambients (11-11-2006), but I think it doesn't store new configs.

About the characters, its not exactly a '?'. I think the post editor did some extrange thing. The character I mean, is something like a 90? angle, altgr + 6 in a spanish keyboard (http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/facilities/pc/keyboards/spanish.gif).

The extrange thing, is my peg should not show any picture in startup, as it is a Pegasos 1 ;).

By the way, I still can't get characters in sputnik with the new versions, but I will keep on trying.
  • »13.11.06 - 18:51
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

amiades wrote:
    Quote:

The filerequester always opens extremely small, in the right column (drives),

My requester opens correctly, with the latest MUI version, and one of the latests ambients (11-11-2006), but I think it doesn't store new configs.

Hmm, since I have the same Ambient and MUI, I am wondering what the differences are.

Shouldn't the prefs (position, size, etc.) of ASL-filerequesters usually be stored in
    env:mui/ASLREQUESTER.1.prefs ?
    How can I change them, or why *did* they change at all? It's rather annoying that I always have to resize the requester before I can select files.
  • »14.11.06 - 16:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    klesterjr
    Another thing I've noticed -- the icons on the panel don't "highlight" anymore when clicked on.

Is there some setting in the new version to select this? (I couldn't find one)
  • »14.11.06 - 20:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiades
    No, they don't :P and I liked that ;). Anyway, is there any panel-gadget available?
  • »14.11.06 - 20:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    @ klesterjr
    The png icons looked fine, but all the Glow Icons were "pinked out".

@ quadpol
    The filerequester always opens extremely small, in the right column (drives), only the first two letters are displayed.
    The MUI snapshot button can't be displayed in the filerequester-window and "save position on exit" doesn't change anything.

As you can see here
    I also have these two inconveniences.
    After all this new Ambient filerequester do not remember its ballances positions. Maybe these aren't betterballance.mcc ? It's quite easy to implement it.

[ Edited by r-tea on 2006/11/14 22:51 ]
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »14.11.06 - 21:39
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    To avoid any further confusion : those *ASL* mui requesters have nothing to do with Ambient.

About hilighting on panel, this is ambient prefs->icon display->extra features->icons glow under mouse
  • »15.11.06 - 00:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    edited : double post

[ Edited by Fab on 2006/11/15 0:26 ]
  • »15.11.06 - 00:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    @amiades

Quote:

The extrange thing, is my peg should not show any picture in startup, as it is a Pegasos 1 ;).

AFAIK all MOS1.4.5 kernel show a morphos logo when it boots regardless of being CSPPC, Peg1 or Peg2...
  • »15.11.06 - 08:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiades
    I mean just before de MOS logo. When there is still character display. I will take a photo to show, as it's strange.

AFAIK, Peg2, shows some kind of BPlan logo at statup. My Peg1, doesn't, but a little before start loading Quark, the extrange thing appears. I have never seen it before, till now.

[ Edited by amiades on 2006/11/15 10:40 ]
  • »15.11.06 - 09:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    When I had a SiS 305 card in my Peg1 I observed similar things. A bit before the MorphOS bootpic appeared the "old" console content was trashed and colourful blinking.
    Never cared too much about it, because it was always like that. Thought it would be something which happens when CGX is started and (re)inits the gfx card.
    The SiS card showed some SiS logo while being initilized by the firmware.
    My Radeon doesn't show a logo nor is the console content changed while booting.

[ Edited by Zylesea on 2006/11/15 11:13 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »15.11.06 - 10:12
    Profile Visit Website