OrangeFTPd and MOSNet
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    Could someone tell me if it is possible to use OrangeFTPd with MOSNet? If it is, how should I configure it? For now I allways get the "No "ftp" group found." message. I was trying to add this group to MOSNet "group" file, but didn't help. With Miami there aren't any problems, but I want to replace it with MOSNet.
  • »30.03.06 - 20:29
  • scf
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    scf
    Sounds like you didn't install usergroup.library, coming in separate archvie for mosnet.
  • »30.03.06 - 22:52
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    I have already installed this library, but I'm not sure what should I write in config files. I made some effort with changing this files. I reviewed AmiTCP documentation also, but I didn't find an answer.

Any more ideas?...
  • »31.03.06 - 20:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Kamul wrote:
    I have already installed this library, but I'm not sure what should I write in config files. I made some effort with changing this files. I reviewed AmiTCP documentation also, but I didn't find an answer.

Any more ideas?...

Check that the files are accessible via etc: assign (etc:group and etc:passwd). MOSNet's usergroup.library was primarily targetted at ixemul compatibility so the path is hardcoded to etc:. The files are supposed to be stored inside GeekGadgets tree. I get many reports about problems associated with this so i am thinking about changing this somehow.

[ Edited by Sonic on 2006/4/11 16:09 ]
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »11.04.06 - 14:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    @kamul

From Orange documentation:
    "Add some users to Miami or AmiTCP or whatever you are running as your TCP/IP stack. Then add those users to a group named ftp."

Do you have some users in your ftp group ?
  • »11.04.06 - 15:24
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    After many hours with MOSNet and OrangeFTPd I managed to start my home ftp server. But I've got some strange messages in log file. It looks like usergroup.library (or something) has problems with parsing my passwd file. Sonic, I'll send you more info by e-mail.

> Check that the files are accessible via etc: assign (etc:group and etc:passwd).
    > MOSNet's usergroup.library was primarily targetted at ixemul compatibility so
    > the path is hardcoded to etc:.

Yes, I realized that after some tests. I compiled for quick version which searches this file in MOSNet:db

Thanks anyway to you and Henes for replying.
  • »11.04.06 - 20:41