• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Simple answer:

Ralph decides, not Mark.

R&B
    -----------------------------------------8<

back to square one..

Which is not a lie as such, just doesn't give any information.

It's absolutely true, when it comes to Efika, it's pretty much laire's call (and cyfm too, I guess), I don't have anything to do with it directly. I didn't claim I had, though, I just pointed out the already public information available from The MorphOS Team (which means laire and cyfm too), which clearly states that there is no support for the Efika. Not now, not in the planned future.

So, not back to square one, we're still at the last square of the board, just some people like to claim ownership of the MorphOS piece, and some refuse to believe we are indeed on the last square.

So, again, _Genesi_ _does_ _not_ _control_ _nor_ _decide_ _what_ _happens_ _with_ _MorphOS_. Stop trying to bring in information from Genesi about MorphOS as a fact, or a semi-fact, or even something to challenge the public statements from the MorphOS Team.

The latest info about MorphOS on Efika can be found here and nothing Genesi nor anyone else at all says will change that till there is a new statement from the MorphOS Team.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here.

Maybe I'll reask my question from earlier: How do I make it 100% crystal clear that there is no MorphOS support for Efika?
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »29.03.06 - 23:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, but I had to run out...

Quote:

Could you give any hints if Morphos(future development and releases) is dead too ? Just so people can get over it and move on ?
    Would save people some years of 'waiting', guess people are used to it, but atleast they will know theres nothing to wait for..

MorphOS is not dead.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »29.03.06 - 23:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    robjoh
    @bigfoot

Nice to hear that MorphOS is not dead. Can you give some hints about the next release, what are your plans? Altivec Native TCP stack anything more?
  • »30.03.06 - 07:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    i'm feeling we are back to 2004 :-D
    I'm nerdy in the extreme
    And whiter than sour cream

White&Nerdy 2006 Al Yankovic
  • »30.03.06 - 11:57
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

robjoh wrote:
    @bigfoot

Nice to hear that MorphOS is not dead. Can you give some hints about the next release, what are your plans? Altivec Native TCP stack anything more?

Seems to me, bigfoot is the graphics driver guy. Why not ask him questions related to his area of expertise, like maybe something about OpenGL-ES? :-D :-D :-D :-D
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »30.03.06 - 11:57
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    i won't feel guilty about going off topic as everyone already did in this thread but I have some worries i'd like to express here about MorphOS' future.

I'm aware that the MorphOS team is still alive and working on MOS actively but as they are not linked to Genesi anymore I have a few questions :

- Is Laire part of the current MorphOS team ?
    - Is the MOS team able to work on the kernel part or is it only Laire's thing ?
    - What can the MOS team do without Laire's new kernel(s) ? I can't imagine MOS 1.5 without the new kernel or it would only be a patched and improved MOS 1.4 IMHO.
  • »30.03.06 - 12:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    catohagen
    @bigfoot

Thank you for answering.
  • »30.03.06 - 14:31
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    robjoh
    @Darth_X

Seems that he at least answer questions so why not ask what the Morphos-team has for plans, I mean if they are a team I guess he know...but of course it could be nice to know about 3D stuff too...

Everything he want to tell us would be fun...
  • »30.03.06 - 14:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:

- Is Laire part of the current MorphOS team?
    - Is the MOS team able to work on the kernel part or is it only Laire's thing?
    - What can the MOS team do without Laire's new kernel(s) ? I can't imagine MOS 1.5 without the new kernel or it would only be a patched and improved MOS 1.4 IMHO.

These are very good questions. As for the first one, at least the MorphZone user "MorphOS_team" has this e-mail address:

rs (Ralph Schmidt?) @ bplan-gmbh.de...
  • »30.03.06 - 15:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

- Is the MOS team able to work on the kernel part or is it only Laire's thing ?

Yes (that is; not the entire team, but most of its core members), but doing so (without Laire asking you to), would probably incur his wrath, so better not. ;)

Quote:

Well, there's alot more to 1.5 than just the kernel, though without an updated kernel there can be no AltiVec support (which is why we can't easily backport AltiVec support to 1.4.x, since the kernel changed in several aspects that created interdependencies in other components).

- CISC
  • »31.03.06 - 00:07
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

Next question: what are the chances of Laire singing a cover of the song "I did it my way" ? :-D
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »31.03.06 - 04:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Getting back on track again here. Will OS4 fail? I think it has failed before its even started. Why? Well for one everyone that has an A1 now paid for OS4 in the price for the A1. So with no new hardware available to run OS4 who in the heck can actually buy it?
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »31.03.06 - 07:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Robin
    Cool :-) The Crew is alive!
    The informations are not new, but it's cool
    to see you posting here :-D

Thanks for all signs of life!
  • »31.03.06 - 08:57
    Profile Visit Website