OpenTTD 0.4.7
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    *droll* :)

well.. almost... its 'only' OpenTTD 0.4.7, but I guess it makes more fun than Firefox. :P

Get it, while it's still hot:
    https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103924&package_id=111717&release_id=404880

regards,
    tokai

(and sorry to the ppl who really expected the impossible happened already. ;) )

[ Edited by tokai on 2006/3/27 8:59 ]
  • »26.03.06 - 22:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    hmm.. seems my pathetic attempt to get a few comments for an OpenTTD release with the "Firefox for MorphOS released" topic has failed. Many view, but no comment... I expected a bit more, tbh. ;)

Either ppl are just lazy to comment, they were shoked the topic was not true, they don't likes me, they got scared by my avatar or they are just not interested in OpenTTD anymore. I don't know... but would like to. :)

a very curious tokai

Anyway... will change thread topic to something more realistic.

[ Edited by tokai on 2006/3/27 9:01 ]
  • »27.03.06 - 08:59
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    tokai,

I think they got scared by your avatar :-)
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »27.03.06 - 09:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Well this evil topic deserved some kind of punishment ;)
    However, I have to admit I am not that big fan of ottd, even if it`s a well done port. Otoh if someone would eventually make a port of armagetron or gltron... *hint*
    ;)
    No honestly keep it going :)
  • »27.03.06 - 09:30
    guruman
    Well, we don't show much gratitude anyway in this site... It's not like it's the only topic about a prog/app/game release that doesn't get many comments.
    We're not used to comment such a thread with a lots of dancing bananas. It's all Targhan's fault, because he didn't put a dancing banana smilie in the first place!

But seriously, those who like the game, download it and enjoy. I installed it a couple of days ago, found it entertaining (I spent many hours with ATrain a couple of lives ago...) and will definitely spend some free-time in the future, but I don't know how to behave, so I didn't send a mail to the author to thank him: here I am, thank you tokai, very nice work!
    BTW, with 0.4.6 I got freezes if I just stay at the main menu and don't begin a game for some time. I think it happens when it tries to load a particular sound effect. Never had any problem in game, so far.

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »27.03.06 - 10:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Now this thread,.. haha :) Well, tokai.. I love your openttd work.. I might not be the one giving you the will to do such a great port, but I atleast asked you and since then you have really showed great skills!

I have mentioned you on my nettradio many times as I must say that I am a really big traingame fan :)

Now, here is a game that I really love! TrainZ Railroad 2006. I include this shot of this opengl superb railroad game. A part of the city I am building :)

amixtrainz.PNG

Would be nice to get this game to MorphOS, but offcourse thats to much to ask, hehe. Wellwell, I admire everyone contributing and helping out MorphOS!

Regards,
    Michal
  • »27.03.06 - 11:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    I like the OTTD.

Off Topic:

@Bladerunner

Certainly there is a Port of ArmagetTron available for a long time.
    I am getting 15 fps on MorphOS, whereas I only get 5 fps on Linux!?

[ Edited by Wishmaster on 2006/3/27 11:59 ]
    Pegasos PPC
  • »27.03.06 - 11:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    wishmaster:
    Yeah, I know there is a Port of Armagetron, However it is somewhat dated and iirc uses an old static sdl lib, a more recent version compiled against powersdl should speed up things a little. (there exists also an old Amiga Version of GLtron) I tried to compile it allready, However I don`t have that much coding skills, so I wasn`t able to do that myself (otoh I have a very nice GL Tetris game here, where I just have to clear some unix path issues ;) )

regardings slow fps under linux, you most likely don`t have hardware rendering active, that said, hardware 3D is only possible with the Peg2

(sorry for beeing ot ;) )
  • »27.03.06 - 14:09