New User - help!
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    TrevorDick
    Just received my nice new Pegasos II through the post. It is came installed in a new shiny box with MorphOS pre-installed.

Unfortunately when I power-up it appears to auto boot normally but hangs at the MoprhOS splash screen. I can reboot with ctr-A-A and also halt the auto boot by pressing ESC, but whenever I reboot the Pegasos hangs at the same MorphOS screen. Any ideas.

Pegasos newbie! :-?
  • »14.12.05 - 13:35
    hooligan
    Try booting from the cd.. just stick it in, it should autoboot automaticly. If not, try the command "boot cd" in OpenFirmware.

One could guess it was tested before sending so it should work.. are all cards fitted ok.. networkcard, audiocard, gfxcard, memory?
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »14.12.05 - 14:20
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    TrevorDick
    Thanks,

I'm just about to burn a CD and try to boot from that. I'll let you know how I get on.
  • »14.12.05 - 14:28
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Sounds like something, that could happen with the latest public Poseidon, if you have USB massstorage device (card reader with card inserted, usb memory stick...) connected when booting. If you do, remove them and try again.
  • »14.12.05 - 14:37
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    TrevorDick
    Burnt MorphOS CD from ISO file and was able to boot Pegasos from CD. (No USB devices attached). Could see all the hard drive partitions on the workbench. So on advice from AmigaKit copied all the files from sys: to a new folder on another drive partition and re-installed the boot and sys: partitions from the MorphOS CD. Removed the CD and was able to re-boot from the hard drive. Re-copied the sys: files back to the sys: partition and rebooted. All now working OK? At first I thought the hard drive may have been damaged in transit but I've been putting the computer through it's paces and all seems fine? 8-)
  • »14.12.05 - 21:54
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Trevor

Congrats on the Peg and welcome to the community. Where did you buy this?

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »15.12.05 - 22:42
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    TrevorDick
    Quote:

magnetic wrote:
    Trevor

Congrats on the Peg and welcome to the community. Where did you buy this?

magnetic

Purchased the motherboard from Amber Inc at BB3 in Peterborough, England. However I sent it to AmiKit to be installed and configured into a suitable suitable box.

TrevorDick
  • »16.12.05 - 02:35
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Snuffy
    Hi Trevor,
    I'm glad to hear the good news! I'm curious to know what features impressed you the most? I've been looking around for that update -- Introduction to MorphOS by Acill, but haven't found it. Do you know where? :-)
    Snuffy
  • »09.01.06 - 04:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Welcome to the family! If you need any more help just ask. We all like to give support here.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »09.01.06 - 04:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    winterhunter
    Welcome to the community!!

When I received my peg, I had the same problem than you, and solved it the same way, but the system continued to be somewhat instable... Till I've opened up the beast and took out all the cards (mem, proc, gfx) and inserted them back again; the gfx had become slightly unseated during transport, and caused some random errors.

So I advice you to open the case and check that everything is correctly slotted, even if now it is working.
  • »09.01.06 - 08:47
    Profile Visit Website