Mysteries of torrent files
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    First of all: my best wishes to all of you, people.

I have a problem with MLdonkey and torrent files: download never starts!

Mldonkey is correctly installed and downloads everything without problems.

My PegasosII stays behind the firewall of my router, but all the necessary ports are open and directly connected to the computer. In particular, port 6881 is directly connected just for torrent files. Should other ports be open for torrents?

In July I was able to download Torcs and Trigger only after Neko seeded them. Is there need of seeding even now? I'm trying to download aros-live.iso, freevo-live.iso, and molk.lha, but I'm expecting in vain since 5 days.

Months ago I tried to download cdga.iso and gentoo-dvd.iso (Luminocity), but I gave up after 30 days of waiting.

Any suggestions?

-----

Please read my new article on webfont installation, font optimization of Amiga browsers, and font management plugin for AWeb: here

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2005/12/26 20:34 ]
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »26.12.05 - 12:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Did you edit the bittorrent.ini file correctly, so "client_port" and "tracker_port" point to valid (open) ports?
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »26.12.05 - 12:38
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Robin
    Have you tried to change the weapon ?

http://www.christianrosentreter.de/releases/bittorrent.php?lang=en
  • »26.12.05 - 12:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    @ Stevo

I never edited the bittorrent.ini file because the successful downloads of Torcs and Trigger made me confident that everything was correct. Thanks to your suggestion I had a doubt. I read the bittorrent.ini file and saw that it also points to port 6882. As soon as I activated even this port the downloads started.

Since port 6882 stayed always closed on the router until today, I still wonder why I was successful with Torcs and Trigger downloads.

@ Robin

Even the other "weapon" did not work when I tried it, a few months ago, probably for the same reason as above (port 6882 closed), or maybe for other reasons. Now this is irrelevant since I corrected my faulty port configuration for MLdonkey, but I will try again because it is always better having at least two programs available for any possible task.

Thank you guys for helping me to open my eyes...