Printing
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    hello everybody,

i unpacked my old printer (epson stylus c62) from box to try to print with it, but it wasn't successfull... somehow... it prints text without any troubles, but when i try to print a graphics, it refuses to work correctly. it usualy eat papers one by one and nothing is printed.
    i tried fxpaint, graphicspublisher and others, but when it does something, it's always the same... only lots of empty papers...

but what's strange is, that when i tried it for the first time, it worked, but then it didn't anymore...

hope to get some advices soon,

thanks, MarK.
  • »29.10.05 - 01:44
  • MorphOS Developer
    March
    If this is parallel printer you need to modify a bit the cable.
    Just cut off the 16th pin (the 'reset line', check on http://www.hardwarebook.net/).
    This modification fixed all my problems with printing on Epson Stylus 460c.
    Marek Szyprowski ...... happy MorphOS, AmigaOS and Debian/Linux user ........
  • »29.10.05 - 09:21
    Profile Visit Website
    MarK
    it's a parallel and usb printer, but it's connected via usb...

bye, MarK.
  • »29.10.05 - 10:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    I was told that somewhere on Chris Hodges' homepage a patch for MOS Podeidon USB stack is available, that enhances the usability of it. I don't know that and I didn't try it. I have no problem with my hp printer, but maybe it could fix your broblem.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »29.10.05 - 13:57
    MarK
    i have it installed. i use the turboprint epson stylus 3000 driver, as it's compatible with my epson stylus c62 printer. maybe the problem is related to that... i'll check out... anyway, i was printing with this printer before, but not now...

thanks and bye, MarK.
  • »29.10.05 - 16:04
    MarK
    i investigated a bit, and found, that the problem is compatibility... my printer isn't supported (but it should be) and as i see, alsmost all epson printers has the same driver, only differentt headers... isn't that possible to get somewhere a way to print with my c62 printer?

and one more thing, i got another epson driver for stylus printers, but i don't know, how to use it, i mean how to setup the prt: device. and advices?

thanks and bye, MarK.
  • »31.10.05 - 12:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Maybe you better try it via parallel first, to check differences?
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »10.11.05 - 20:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    I have the same printer, a Stylus C62 and use it via USB.
    IIRC the C60 works, but I have "borrowed" a definition file for the C62 (which are plaintext) from the Linux version. However, Printing works fine.
  • »10.11.05 - 21:01