MorphOS installation for dummies!
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    ossian1961
    Hi, finally I solved all my problems with my Peggy2. Most for my MorphOS philosophy misunderstanding. Now all is ok and speedy (thanx to Krashan and SoundSquare too). I just wrote a clear(hope) guideline for beginners hopin to avoid some nervous breakdown!
    Long Life To MORPHOS!!!!!!!!!
    :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
  • »11.09.05 - 23:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    It took me some time to set up MorphOS to. To get it booting, was the worst thing, as my HD and CD-ROM needs to be on their seperate IDE channel for one. If they are connected to the same IDE cable going onto the peggyii motherboard, it wont boot up, and it wont find the cd-rom.

Or atleast it was like that. Is there any firmware for pegasosii that have fixed this?

Regards,
    Michal
  • »12.09.05 - 00:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Mine never had that problem. I have the Cd and a hard drive on one IDE chan and a 2nd hard drive and a DVD burner on the other.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »12.09.05 - 01:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    ossian1961
    @MorphDelf
    I've the 1.1 firmware. First I've tryed to search for the 1.2 or next as I've noticied in forum but seems that's the last update is 1.1 that comes with Peggy2.

p.s.
    A big kiss to Oslo, my favourite city (I've spent a lovely week in the summer of 2002 and hope to visit it soon again)! :-D
  • »12.09.05 - 06:10
    Profile Visit Website