MSN / ICQ / etc. for MOS (Adium)
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Ave!

Does a usable MSN/ICQ client exist for MOS? I've found none. Jabberwocky is almost nothing, the other ARexx/"through-amirc"-things are only half solutions. On mac I use Adium. This great instant messenger is totally free and open source (www.adiumx.com), and has a lot of features, and looks very good. Is it possible to port it to MOS/MUI? Ok, I know, the OSX GUI is much advanced, but I'd be happy with the half of the features and look too... Is anybody interested in?
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »21.08.05 - 17:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    Insult removed

[ Edited by hooligan on 2005/8/21 21:48 ]
    Pegasos PPC
  • »21.08.05 - 17:57
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    perhaps a port of GAIM could be possible, if this GTK->MUI wrapper is realized ?
  • »22.08.05 - 04:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    IIRC, the author of Epistula (a formerly OS4-only IM software) got a Pegasos1 to do a MorphOS port. Perhaps, you should mail him, and try to be a betatester. :-D
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »22.08.05 - 14:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Could you give me a contact please?
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »22.08.05 - 14:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    mahen
    I heard here, on MZ, of another similar project that looked very advanced. Forgot its name though.
    xmpp:mahen on jabber.fr
  • »22.08.05 - 14:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

Could you give me a contact please?

Try the e-mail address found on this page.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »22.08.05 - 16:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Jabberwocky is far from being nothing...
    IMHO the only thing it *really* lacks is file transfer support, but for non-Jabber networks it's more a transport issue.
    I can do without smileys/pics/fonts... :-D

on Linux I use gaim, and also amsn is a nice piece of sw but it isn't multi-network (nor gtk based)
  • »22.08.05 - 16:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    I'm using Jabberwocky 24/7, and I'm not pleased with it's efficiency. The three Jabber networks I've tried were very unreliable. In Jabberwocky (under MOS with antialiased fonts) the incoming and outgoing texts are formatted same! It's annoying!! There are no icons, no user pics, no user groups, no file transfers, no skins... Even the windows could not be snapshotted... It's far away from a good program, i'd call it a 0.001 alpha only.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »22.08.05 - 16:38
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zephar123
    biggest problem I find with jaberwocky is the fact the dev. looking to make it os4 only.
  • »22.08.05 - 19:02
    Profile Visit Website
    DJBase
    Quote:

biggest problem I find with jaberwocky is the fact the dev. looking to make it os4 only.

No, will never happen. It is and always will be for AOS 3.x, AOS 4.x and MorphOS. If I feel someone will break the port he will be out of the project and can do his own port under a different name.
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »22.08.05 - 21:41
    Profile Visit Website
    DJBase
    @ GK_LKA

Jabberwocky is mainly a Jabber client and for this is has nearly every basic functions. You can do Chat, send and receive Messages, do Conferences and also transfer files within the Jabber protocol.

Jabber uses MUI as GUI and can be configured from any user like he want.

If you think there is something really importend missing for you feel free to join the developer team.
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »22.08.05 - 21:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    @DJBase

Then we need an MSN/ICQ client I think.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »23.08.05 - 01:08
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zephar123
    Quote:

No, will never happen. It is and always will be for AOS 3.x, AOS 4.x and MorphOS. If I feel someone will break the port he will be out of the project and can do his own port under a different name.

this is great to know, I read yesterday on a site I cant find it that he stated it was to hard to keep up the other ports and for that reason and a few others later version will onyl be for os4.0. If I find the link ill send it to you.

found out the problem its my brain hehe
    What i read yesterday was on wookie chat I appologise for the confusion i created there.

[ Edited by zephar123 on 2005/8/23 6:03 ]
  • »23.08.05 - 04:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Quote:

Jabberwocky is mainly a Jabber client and for this is has nearly every basic functions. You can do Chat, send and receive Messages, do Conferences and also transfer files within the Jabber protocol.

exactly what I meant...
    Anyway, file tranfer doesn't work even on Jabber network if behind a router.

Quote:

If you think there is something really importend missing for you feel free to join the developer team.

Actually a better service handling, like rekognizing them in the list (and not treating them like other contacts) with context menu for change nick/search/register...
    BTW, I wrote an Italian catalog ages ago taking the .cd from cvs, but some parts are still not localizable :-?
  • »23.08.05 - 09:07
    MarK
    and what's the problem with stricq? i tried it several times on my old amiga and also on my pegasos, but it never connected. imo, stricq seams to be really great icq client, but how to connect it? i guess i tried almost everything, but no success...

bye, MarK.
  • »24.08.05 - 06:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I did had some mail
    conversations with someone, he was busy
    with a MOS MSN client, i offered to do the
    MUI-GUI part for it, he told me he would send
    his sources but after asking a few
    times i never got it.

Gr,
    Felix.