Trouble with downloading files from FTP
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    I have a very strange affect for months, and I am interested, that comes out only at me, or is a known bug: if I download files from FTP (usually with Opus Magellan 5.82, but even with ATC), the download progress randomly stops. It is unique, because it stops everytime at the last few Kilos of the file (99%-99.9%). Opus seems freezed (sometimes the whole system does not react), but if I click the Abort button on the transfer window 10-20 times, in a few seconds everything gets ok, and I can redownload the file without any problems. It comes out more frequently, if I download directories recrusively instead of just files. ATC has the same effect, it stops downloading sometime at 99%. (Many times missed only 1 byte.) Then I click disconnect and connect again, and everything works good again. The problem comes forward only if I download more than a half CD (3-400MB).

I'm using MiamiDX 1.0c. Upload and downloading via HTTP (or IBrowse FTP, but I don't use it many times) seems OK, never had promlems with this.

Any ideas? Please help!
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »04.08.05 - 13:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    I had the same Problem with MOS1.4.3 and MiamiDX or Genesis and as FTP Client i used ATC, but after the Update to 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 it's gone. The Download of Files bigger then 150MB stoped randomly after 30mb sometimes after 120 and sometimes no problem at all.
    Are you using the Onboard LAN or a PCI Networkcard?
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »04.08.05 - 13:57
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    mahen
    Did you try with a rtl8139 ? Do you have an up to date MOS installation ? Do you use a router ? :)
    xmpp:mahen on jabber.fr
  • »04.08.05 - 16:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    I have MOS 1.4.5 and I am using the internal 100MBit ethernet card of my Peg II. I have a router, but the problem has existed before I had too. Under linux there are no such problems.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »04.08.05 - 18:45
    Profile Visit Website