Beta Central
  • Targhan
    Now available to Software Developers and Beta (or Alpha) testers: Beta Central. This subsection of downloads is designed to contain beta software that is user-rights sensative. Which means that only four or five people can have access, a few dozen can have access, only members can have access, or they can still be open for all--depending upon the needs of a given development team.

For developers, this means private downloads without having to use "email bombs." This means private online forums now have a matching download area, and (when necissary) a private document repository.

For users, this means that you can get more opportunities to test new software, and that beta software is only a button press away from a release.

I hope that everyone will be able to use this system and that it becomes a major part of what MorphZone is all about.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »02.08.05 - 16:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    It sounds very promising. I think ezTCP development versions will be released at BetaCentral. Also some simple bugtracker would be a killer feature for BC.
  • »02.08.05 - 17:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Indeed, I agree about a bugtracker. It's actually more of a question of how much of a bugtracker and how to impliment rather than "if we want a bugtracker".

I am considering to create another module to streamline the listings from the downloads "beta" section and the "beta" forum topics. I think I would be happier with some concept ideas for a simple bugtracker that could possibly be created without even more overhead on the site.

• »02.08.05 - 18:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Targh

Great initiative. I love it.

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »02.08.05 - 18:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    Well I mean something simple. Of course it should be able to handle multiple projects, components are optional (for example ezTCP does not need components, while Reggae may need them). It should be possible to enter bug title, description, severity (a few levels). Project leader should be able to change bug category (like "submitted", "reproduced", "can't reproduce", "in the work", "fixed", won't fix"). Handling multiple developers for one project is optional I guess. Also possibility to comment bugs may be an option (but a dedicated forum may be used for it as well).
  • »02.08.05 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Okay, will try to have "something" up by the end of the week, be prepared! :-D

• »02.08.05 - 19:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Sounds a great idea, keep working ;-)
  • »02.08.05 - 21:40
  • Targhan
    Better stand back! Bugtracker is installed! And, for a short while only, it's open for everyone to create and assign projects to everyone else! That's right! For a short-time only you can assign a bug to poundsmack to fix his avatar, assign a bug to tokai to create a new post in the forums, or even to me!

Enjoy yourselves tonight because we'll be making up some rules and such for the module tomorrow! :-P :lol:

• »03.08.05 - 01:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    I can't find a link?
  • »03.08.05 - 08:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Should be on the left bar of the main page, bounties page, and on the module page itself: DevTracker.

Sorry should have put up a url (oops!) You should have a listing of your own bugs, reports, feature requests, etc (with links) in a DevTracker box just under the "Did You Know" box from the afore mentioned modules.

• »03.08.05 - 08:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    nice one Targhan, this gonna push the all stuff forward, thumbs up !
  • »03.08.05 - 08:45
  • Targhan
    Thanks SoundSquare.

Here is what I think the permissions should be:

Bounty Admin (Acill, and maybe a couple of others) can add _projects_, and regular members can add bugs/feature requests. OR, we limit the bugs/features to beta-testers. It's up to all of you :-)

• »03.08.05 - 15:30
    Profile Visit Website