Scalos
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Hi,

I want to boot Scalos from another partition. I've made a backup of my Morphos partition on my second harddisk and want to use that for Scalos.

But when I type boot /pci/ide/disk@0,1:2 boot.img the Pegasos boots from my original Morphos partition wich is located at /pci/ide/disk@0,0:0.

What to do?
  • »11.05.05 - 20:47
  • Targhan
    I seem to remember something about telling the boot.img where to look for a sys partition. I have several extra partitions here for various morphos testing things (different apps where I want a clean boot etc)

however for scalos, it should be MUCH easier. I would put a switch in the user startup to change the name of "LoadWB" back and forth. This way, you don't need a new partition at all. Or, you could have a simple arexx script to use prior to a reboot..
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »12.05.05 - 00:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    You dont need to mess with OF at all, leave it alone. Just go to scsi
    prefs and uncheck bootable from your main MorphOS partition and check
    bootable on the Scalos one. save in between each one, not after you do
    both and then reboot. It will book the only bootable one which should
    be your new partition with scalos.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »12.05.05 - 02:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Thanks both of you.

I went for Acill's option because I want to play around with Scalos and change some options in MorphOS without changing my original MOS configuration.

I've got Aros running on my laptop with UAE in Linux and was very pleased with it but on my Amiga 3000T and 4000 it's a bit sluggish so I want to use it on my Pegasos.

-toto
  • »12.05.05 - 10:11
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Scalos runs fine here. Found AmiToolBar on Aminet as a replacement for the MorphOS dock.

Check my Scalos grab.

-toto
  • »12.05.05 - 14:37
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    MacFly
    Polynet is a nice replacement for the MorphOS dock.

See here Polynet
  • »13.05.05 - 13:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

Toto wrote:
    Thanks both of you.

I went for Acill's option because I want to play around with Scalos and change some options in MorphOS without changing my original MOS configuration.

I've got Aros running on my laptop with UAE in Linux and was very pleased with it but on my Amiga 3000T and 4000 it's a bit sluggish so I want to use it on my Pegasos.

-toto

I'm sure you kknow, but you can switch to your main MorphOS partition and the Scalos one by doing the same thing again. I have one partition I use a a test system and then my normal one. When new thngs come out i try them on the test partition forst nd if its good and I like it I then install it over to the main one.

Is that polynet n english or french only as the screenshot shows? I may just switch to Scalos full time if it is in english. It looks just as usefull as the Ambient panels.

[ Edited by Acill on 2005/5/13 5:31 ]
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »13.05.05 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DethKnight
    Polynet reminds me of my XFCE4.2 panel

only maybe a tiny tiny bit prettier to view
    I am ; therefore you are
  • »13.05.05 - 20:08
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    I'm sure you kknow, but you can switch to your main MorphOS partition and the Scalos one by doing the same thing again. I have one partition I use a a test system and then my normal one. When new thngs come out i try them on the test partition forst nd if its good and I like it I then install it over to the main one.

Yeah, I know been doing that since yesterday, works great, great way of testing stuff ;-)

Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Is that polynet n english or french only as the screenshot shows? I may just switch to Scalos full time if it is in english. It looks just as usefull as the Ambient panels.

It's in English and works great, lots of options and there is an 68k version. I'm considering to buy it and use it on my Amiga's and Pegasos ;-)

-toto

[ Edited by Toto on 2005/5/13 22:46 ]
  • »13.05.05 - 22:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AMistart works great on morphos, whith commodities support and png support (scalos)

Sure it's great but it looks likes win....
    I prefer polynet for the fun
  • »14.05.05 - 10:11