Create a vcd compliant mpeg1 stream
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Well I tried to make some vcds with fancy naviagtion menu with vcdimager. Therefore I converted some divx files using mencoder 1.03
    worked so far except that the resulting mpgs are not vcd compliant, after some research it seems that mencoder lavc allways creates mpg with variable bit rate instead of the needed constant bit rate of 1152.
    Any Ideas how to build a valid vcd compliant mpeg1 Video using MorphOS? Ok, i allways could switch to other systems and using tmpegenc for example, but the goal is author and mastering a complete VCD Using Morph OS.
  • »15.03.05 - 05:53
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    antibike
    lo
    dont know if it works, but have you tried with the following options?

vrc_maxrate=<value> : maximum bitrate in kbit/sec (pass 1/2) (default: 0, unlimited)

vrc_minrate=<value> : minimum bitrate in kbit/sec (pass 1/2) (default: 0, unlimited)

cu the antibike
  • »15.03.05 - 11:42
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Hi Antibike
    Yes, it seems as those options help to make a constant bitrate. But unfortunatelly it seems there must be another Problem as well, vcdimager is still padding this stream. *mpf*
    Any other ideas?
  • »15.03.05 - 21:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Well ok, I asked on the mencoder mailinglist and was told that this is not possible with the 1.03 release. Guess I have to wait for some friendly person as it is not possible (at least for me) to compile mencoder or mplayer out of the box with the current sources.
  • »16.03.05 - 06:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    A DVD-Player should play this files nevertheless.
    With a VCD only Player it wouldn't work I guess.
    Pegasos PPC
  • »16.03.05 - 08:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Wishmaster:
    Yes indeed, they are played by my Standalone DVD Player, however two problems remain: it is unpredictable how big those files become after they are padded with vcdimager. The other Problem is, while standalone tracks are played fine on my DVD Player, they aren`t when such a created video acts as menu. Cost me about 10 CDs until I found out that my xml script for vcdimager was right and that there was no bug in vcdimager 68k ;-) but that those menu mpgs need to be 100% vcd accurate.
  • »16.03.05 - 09:49