FlexCat for MorphOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Where can i get a port of FlexCat for MorphOS? ShdW gave me an executable but i'd like to have full archive. Or it's not public?
    P.S. I almost finished my own port of FlexCat. Is this work really needed or i can erase it?
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »02.02.05 - 06:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    I have no idea but I have now spent some time searching for it, and if a MorphOS native version really exists, it's not very easy to find. The only thing I found was the sourceforge site as well as a lot of old Amiga versions. If you are close to releasing your own MorphOS version then I really think you should finish it up and release it, just to make it more easily found if for nothing else. Uploading it here to morphzone (and other places?) would perhaps be an idea?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »02.02.05 - 08:01
    @sonic

If you got this versino fro shdw, it's probably the one I did..
    so 2 thing so say : this port is working but ther's some problems with error output.... (you can get some "strange" error messages in case of errors in your .CD or .CT files, that's why it was not released publically
    secondly, 68K version works quite fine, so it's not really needed to do a ppc one, that's why I did that to learn a bit programming... but now I spend more time on localisation than coding, so I'll try to fix that when I'll have some free time.
    Pegasos rulez since august 2002
  • »02.02.05 - 11:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Can you describe a bug and how to reproduce it (probably give me a file which causes it)? I'll check this out. I am going to finish and release the port soon.
    I just like native tools. I would become a famous porter (i also think about Term 4.8 and Directory Opus4) but i have absolutely no time. :-(

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/2/2 16:06 ]
  • »02.02.05 - 13:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Just want to notice that i found the bug. It was actually not a bug but non-portable ShowError() function which expected varargs to be on the stack.
    Also i found a project on SourceForge, they continue to develop FlexCat and have more recent version of it. I sent them a letter asking to join me to the project so my changes will be merged to mainstream.
  • »21.02.05 - 09:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    And indeed a big thank you to Sonic for FlexCat; get it here:

https://morph.zone/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=252
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »21.02.05 - 09:36