Now THATS customer service.
  • Just looking around
    Amidst all the present gloom and uncertainty surrounding MorphOS and its future on the Pegasos platform I think its rather nice to having something more pleasant to draw our attention.

I have such a story....

....I purchased my Pegasos 2 system from Vesalia in Germany recently and it has only very recently arrived here in Australia (no dingo jokes please! :) ).

First thing on my agenda was to download the Superbundle and set up all those fantasmagorical proggies... but it was not to be. Try as a might (and I did) I could not find a single Pegasos/MorphOS/Genesi related site that had the Superbundle available for download.

In my frustration I asked on MorphZone, but no one could help me, so as a last resort I contacted Bill Buck and Raquel Velasco (bbrv@genesi.lu) of Genesi.

What followed was DEFINATELY the most attentive, understanding and helpful customer service I have ever had the good fortune to experience.

Within minutes of sending an email I had a response, usually from Bill himself, and if not then from Matt Sealey (handling the Superbundle distribution).

By the time we were finished they had asked for my postal address and telephone number and were personally sending me a Superbundle CD.

For anyone in the same situation I have some good news, the Superbundle download should be back online soon. Matt is writing a key generator system, registration system for non CD based keys and a download site that uses these keys.

.....and it seems MorphOS 1.5 MAY still be on track for an early 2005 release, but more on that if/when I know - awaiting a return email from David Gerber.

I know Bill, Raquel, Matt and co. try their best to deliver outstanding customer service/support, and Im sure Im not the only one that has had such an experience, so how about we all give just that little more support - god knows they are only too willing to give it to us.

Oh, and if you are reading this Bill & co., thank you for all your time and help - you guys rock. :)
  • »27.11.04 - 23:41
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Genesi customer service around the Pegasos is second to none, I'm glad someone else experienced that too. This is at least one of the reasons I am vocal in my support of Genesi/bplan.

I have nothing but high praise for the way the Peg 1 April thing was handled, the international express delivery from France of my board, the attentive emails whilst awaiting my Peg2...the express delivery of my system from Nevada. Between them Paul, Bill, Raquel plus one of the bplan guys (sorry, small memory lapse) make the whole PegaMOS an experience to remember (and I mean in the good way!)

I'd also like to give a shout out to the developers who put up with peoples (including mine) constant demands on their time.

[ Edited by JKD on 2004/11/27 16:38 ]
  • »28.11.04 - 00:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    I had a similar experience with a bad peg1. I'm not sure that customer service gets any better than the way I was treated by BBRV and PegasosUK. Awesome service! :-)
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »28.11.04 - 04:33
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Druideck
    All our dealings with Bill have been straight up
    and with great communication.
    Very good attentive customer service.
    Thanks BBRV!
  • »28.11.04 - 08:52
    Kronos
    Quote:

Jasper_K_AbraXXis wrote:

....I purchased my Pegasos 2 system from Vesalia in Germany recently and it has only very recently arrived here in Australia (no dingo jokes please! :) ).

How about the one about a Kangoroo, a Koala and a Crocodile going into a bar to have a couple of XXXX ?
  • »28.11.04 - 09:40
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    robjoh
    @Kronos

sounds like dickwolrd :-D but heck who knows mayby some other strange English homur...
  • »28.11.04 - 12:41
  • Just looking around
    Hey! Everyone knows whinging poms have the best sense of humour, take Fawlty Towers and Monty Python for instance. :)
  • »28.11.04 - 12:45
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    robjoh
    Well I would never blame Monty Python for bad homour, BUT I do love the discworld series...and in this perfect books their is a landmas called X, strange is that it looks like Australia ;-)
  • »28.11.04 - 12:50
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Thanks for the positive feedback from all of you!

R&B :-D
  • »28.11.04 - 20:57
    Profile Visit Website