Bars and Pipes won't save.
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    Just started using BnP & can't get it to save properly. It saves the name of the song but not the data it contains.

Also, selecting 'set midi defaults' hangs my machine.

I'm using Peg1 600mhz, MOS 1.4.

Anyone else experinced this?

I'd really like to start using BnP for writing but without the ability to save, it's a non-starter.
    --
    Robert.
  • »26.10.04 - 11:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    I use it also on my Peg2/G4 and it saves data without any troubles... What's the problem? I didn't make any special settings, it... just works.

Bye, MarK.
  • »26.10.04 - 13:10
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    Do you use the last update? (See Alfred's site)
    Loading is sometimes a pain, but saving seldom (I had two times a song-file that was far to big)

Tom
  • »26.10.04 - 14:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    What are you guys using for MIDI interface on the Peg? Please describe the setups you are using here with BnP and peg. Thank you

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »26.10.04 - 21:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    I've a Pegasos 1 with Morphos 1.4.
    My soundcard is a Soundblaster, connected to my keyboard through the gameport (as is usual for PC's). I'm still using my old Amiga for the professional work because B&P for Morphos isn't stable enough. But playing .songs or .mid is no problem (it is only a problem if you have saved tools with the song on the old B&P for Amiga that doesn't work yet in Morphos.)

Tom
  • »26.10.04 - 22:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Tomo
    Thank you so much for the post. I have a Pegasos2 g4 with a SB Live card w/gameport. I also have a nice Boss DR202 drum machine that i'd love to sequence with some samples.. can MOS ver handle that?

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »27.10.04 - 03:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    Quote:

MarK wrote:
    I use it also on my Peg2/G4 and it saves data without any troubles... What's the problem?

Good question - I have no idea.
    Basically, whether I create a new song or alter an existing one, whatever changes I make are not recorded by 'saving'. I have absolutely no idea why.

The only other 'glitch' I've noticed is the 'midi defaults' menu item. selecting this freezes my machine.
    --
    Robert.
  • »27.10.04 - 09:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    Quote:

Tomo wrote:
    Do you use the last update? (See Alfred's site)

Not sure. I installed it a couple of months back. I'll download the latest version tonight and try it again.
    --
    Robert.
  • »27.10.04 - 09:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    Quote:

magnetic wrote:
    Tomo
    Thank you so much for the post. I have a Pegasos2 g4 with a SB Live card w/gameport. I also have a nice Boss DR202 drum machine that i'd love to sequence with some samples.. can MOS ver handle that?

Well, I can get it to play my Roland TR626 drum machine no problem. It's also controlling a Novation Basstation, Roland JX1 and Yamaha DX21.
    My connectiion method is identical to Tomo. This means I have to daisy-chain the whole setup, unlike via my A1200, where my midi i/f has three outs.

Unfortunately, until I can save my work, it's pretty redundant.

I suggest you buy a midi cable for the SB Live, install camd.library and have a play about with BnP.
    --
    Robert.
  • »27.10.04 - 09:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    I'm looking for some good samples from a novation basstation, to see if its worthwhile buying one.
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »27.10.04 - 13:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    Quote:

Darth_X wrote:
    I'm looking for some good samples from a novation basstation, to see if its worthwhile buying one.

You'd be better going into a shop and having a play with one. Samples won't do it justice.
    The LFO sweeps, etc, really come into their own when you have a 'hands on' jam.

Having said that, theirs a built-in synth in Logic for the Mac which completely wipes the floor with the Basstation, so I'm hoping we'll get something similar for MOS/AOS.
    --
    Robert.
  • »27.10.04 - 16:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    It works now! :pint:

A big thank you to Alfred J. Faust for solving my problem - a footballer and a gentleman. ;-)

Turns out I need to close the edit window before saving - D'Oh!
    --
    Robert.
  • »27.10.04 - 20:42
    Profile Visit Website