• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Those presentations aren't too new now. We just saw them. That is good and we gave our comments about that already. And - sure - I agree that a focus to Linux is not only not bad but needed. But as stated sometimes Linux on the Pegasos is not that killer application one might hope. You can get everything that Linux offers on the Peg on some x86 board or an Apple computer as well.
    I will never doubt that Linux on Pegasos is not a good option (and can gain a real good success, at least the gigabit ethernet is a tiny, little treasure), but the real big treasure of the Pegasos is MOS.
    And - sure once more - MOS is not for the masses right now, but it can go there. But only - I strongly emphasize this - only if the MOS community is not forgotten. The real life applications for MOS are coming out of our little community. Many ppl are working for MOS applications but we need more. Therefore it is very important to give enough boards to the MOS market.

To summarize this: Pegasos with Linux is currently the only "mass market" usable option for the Pegasos. Therefore a focus must be on it. MOS is the key for a better future, therefore it is urgent needed to satisfy the existing MOS community with enough boards and an update for the OS. Otherwise MOS will stagnate and you are longer bound to Linux only (and that Linux market is with a lot of competition from the x86 scene but from Apple as well).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »08.07.04 - 15:53
    Profile Visit Website