Morphos for AmigaOne?
  • Just looking around
    Hi all, I just found this forum. :-)

I made the mistake to buy an AmigaOne ages ago. A mistake of course because of the situation of OS4 - not only was it delayed by 1.5 years but the current release only does half the job!!

I read some time ago that MorphOS would be ported to the A1 board! Is this still the case?

Thanks! :-)
  • »05.07.04 - 15:27
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    If I remembre, Morphos was ported to Aone on few days by the mos team, but it never go out of there office.
    About me, we will never see Morphos working on AmigaOne because the pegasos would be forget and this is a big error.
    Dont forget the pegasos is realy better than the Aone.

Sell your Aone board and buy a pegasos II.

:-P

[ Edited by serge on 2004/7/5 16:55 ]
  • »05.07.04 - 15:54
  • ASiegel
    It is probably safe to say that MorphOS will not be ported to hardware with the buggy ARTICIA northbridge, apart from the discontinued PegasosI.

If you are unhappy about your AmigaOne, you might consider selling it to someone who will enjoy it more than you. From the money you will get, you should easily be able to buy a brand new Pegasos2 board including a free copy of MorphOS and the online version of the SuperBundle.
  • »05.07.04 - 15:57
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I doubt they are willing to do so. MOS for A1 wont generate any sales ;-)
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »05.07.04 - 16:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

serge wrote:
    If I remembre, Morphos was ported to Aone on few days by the mos team, but it never go out of there office.

The ported version has been for the Teron i.e. for the open firmware, not for the a1 which uses the UBoot firmware.
    To port MOS to UBoot some work would be needed since it differs from open/smart firmware.

If someone really likes to use MOS with an A1 (and not OS4 any more) that one might flash it with open firmware and hope to get MOS for it. But I doubt to see a MOS version for the A1 open firmware (Thus I strongly advice to not flash an A1 with open firmware!!!).

If you want to switch over to MOS, just sell the A1 and buy a PegII instead, you get a better maschine with it (no Articia!) and I guess since the A1 is badly expensive even the money raised by selling a used A1 should be enough to get the needed sweet currency for a PegII
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »05.07.04 - 16:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    correct
    Pegasos PPC
  • »05.07.04 - 23:33
  • Just looking around
    Ok, thanks everyone. Next time I will remember not to rush out and buy things! :oops:
  • »06.07.04 - 08:36