problems installing two things
  • Just looking around
    Hi,

I have errors installing the GoldED demo.

One error is that it claims that it cannot find ARexx running.

I've done everything that the instructions requested.

The other error is to do with starting 'regedit'

I only wanted GoldED so that I could compile C++ programs, what can I do for that?

The other problem is with the SDK, I've had the SDK working fine before, however now it will not install everything properly

The best I can do, is to get a whole bunch of .tgz files in one directory. I know what they are, however I don't remember unarchiving them by hand last time I installed the SDK.

Should I just un archive them manually? What could be wrong?

Perhaps I've really messed something up, and I should remove all of the SDK, and start again (one annoying thing is that it keeps renaming the old directories, instead of overwriting them)

thankyous in advance :)
  • »31.05.04 - 01:48
  • Just looking around
    I'm sad that nobody can reply to me and help me out.

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
  • »01.06.04 - 09:32
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Paochi
    Subscibe to MDC and download again ALL MOS SDK files. The installer is easy and will crate a compelte adeveloper ambient for you!

http://mdc.morphos.net/

About Golded Arexx issue... you must use 68k Arexx taken from 3.0-3.1 OS or wait Mos 1.5 :-)
    "I hope that all my toys are, first of all, funny!" (Jay Miner)
  • »01.06.04 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    everyone is sleeping or working. you asked to the wrong time :)

arexx:
    - make sure you renamed the rexxsyslib.library in mossys:libs/ and installed the old 3.1 rexxsys.library to same place. DON'T forget to start RexxMast in your user-startup:

REXXMast >NIL:

I don't know what regedit is, but I think you tried to mix the GoldED GG installation with the MOS SDK GG installation which will NOT work. Don't install GoldED with GNU/C, just install a pure GoldEd when you want to install the MOS SDK, else you end up in ASSIGN conflicts. Check if you don't have already a GG: assign somether and try to remove that from your user-startup.

After you cleaned up the installations make sure you have _all_ files from the SDK downloaded, extract them to same place.

DON'T install the SDK with the main installer you'll find there after you extracted all archives! Use showall files and use the gginstaller in devenv/ this will install a pure MOS-GG-Environment. After you installed it check with DirOPUS or Filer inside the new directory: here you will find a "sed_tem" directory. Move all files directly to GG:.

Now you can copy the examples manually to a place you like and also install MorphED with it's own Installer (or manually). ANd when you install GoldEd again then make sure you don't install a GNU/C environment too, else it will break everything!

NEVER trust an installer! Else you'll end up in the mess you have atm. :-)

regards,
    tokai
  • »01.06.04 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website