Breakpoint-MOS-Demos
  • MorphOS Developer
    kiero
    i have it 99% done. only one part ####s up (too slow, too much textures for old driver). i will finish my school project and then release it. I also have made our previous releases working with MorphOS 1.4, so they will be released too. Just a bit more patience please.
  • »25.05.04 - 21:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Estrayk
    Uhmmm... ok, but not very much!

:-P
    Config: PegasosII G4/1000, 256MB DDR400, VooDoo 3000 AGP
  • »25.05.04 - 23:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • z5
  • Just looking around
    z5
    Well, it's a fact:
    Fluffy Digital Snowflakes

The first Pegasos only demo on Amiga Demoscene Archive (aka A.D.A.)...
  • »26.05.04 - 21:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Estrayk
    Hello z5. cool see you here!

and congratulations for the best demo archive web in the net !!!

A.D.A. !!!
    Config: PegasosII G4/1000, 256MB DDR400, VooDoo 3000 AGP
  • »27.05.04 - 00:47
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    I agree with Estrayak. Simply fabulous site!

Sadly it looks like there won't be that many more Pegasos demos as the nicely started Genesi DemoScene project has dryed up :/

In MAWI we trust!
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »27.05.04 - 08:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Why no more demos? Is the hardware that's out there not working
    anymore???
  • »27.05.04 - 09:05
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    I'm sorry but that's BS. Why can't the 3 people/groups that have machines already begin development?

It sucks that you don't have the full number of promised machines but c'est la vie!

You could always pay full price for them! :-o

Steve
  • »27.05.04 - 17:29
  • z5
  • Just looking around
    z5
    @hooligan:

What happened with the Genesi demoscene project?
  • »27.05.04 - 21:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    strife
    Too bad the Genesi DemoScene project has dryed up, but on the other hand I also have an AmigaOne, fingers crossed for AmigaOne DemoScene project! :)
  • »27.05.04 - 21:32
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    >I'm sorry but that's BS. Why can't the 3 people/groups that have machines already begin development?

>It sucks that you don't have the full number of promised machines but c'est la vie!

JDK, I didn't mean those three, I meant the rest seven. Of course nothing stops them making a Pegasos demo (and I really hope we will see one)
  • »27.05.04 - 21:38
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    >What happened with the Genesi demoscene project?

Honestly speaking, I have no idea. The rest of motherboards were promised to be delivered long ago which has not happened.

I take it as Genesi is no longer interested in supporting the demoscene or getting quality demonstrationmaterial to show off at various events.
  • »27.05.04 - 21:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    DJBase
    Well, then you have to do it like before with the amiga's. Buy it.
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »27.05.04 - 21:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    gary_c
    Quote:

I take it as Genesi is no longer interested in supporting the demoscene or getting quality demonstration material to show off at various events.

I'm wondering about Genesi's plans in general. There's almost no communication with any of the Phoenix groups these days, including resellers, demo scene, OS ports, Pegasos board offers, etc. Is this just a pause while straightening out problems or focusing on other markets, or an omen?

(BTW, if anybody does want to get on the Phoenix demoscene (or other) mailing list -- just in case -- but hasn't had success so far, please post here or contact me directly and I'll add you.)

-- gary_c
  • »28.05.04 - 03:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Infinity
    >Well, then you have to do it like before with the amiga's. Buy it.

I bought 512MB Memory, a 40GB Harddrive and two Graphic cards (Voodoo and Radeon) for the promised Pegasosboard.

And now i have to buy the mainboard and the cpu to be part of a competition which will most likely never happen?

By the way, I bought my a4000 in 1994 for other reasons than creating Demos.

Cu
    Infinity
  • »28.05.04 - 07:52
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

I bought 512MB Memory, a 40GB Harddrive and two Graphic cards (Voodoo and Radeon) for the promised Pegasosboard.

This is just what I feared .. some people have already bought stuff for 100% promised boards. :-(

This falls into one of those cases which should have been handled with better care. After all, we are talking of only seven boards here.
    In every event I have noticed where Pegasos-machines has seen presented so far demos have been shown, be it demonstrations on tv or at public shows. They make great "commercials" and surely beats out demonstrating MPlayer playing a movie or playing an old game with Scumm for example.

I'm sad it turned like this, and I am sorry for all the people I made empty promises. From now on I know to stay away of such projects.

Infinity, I owe you a beer or two.. see you at Assembly perhaps? ;-)
  • »28.05.04 - 08:42
    Profile Visit Website
    DJBase
    Quote:

And now i have to buy the mainboard and the cpu to be part of a competition which will most likely never happen?

By the way, I bought my a4000 in 1994 for other reasons than creating Demos.

Sorry to say that but then your interest in Pegasos isnt really high.

Look, someone said maybe I can get a free Pegasos II doing the Pegasosforum.de Forum but I havent waited and bought it. If I will get this board sometime in the future I can give it away to someone else, sell it or whatever.
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »28.05.04 - 10:49
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

Sorry to say that but then your interest in Pegasos isnt really high.

Not true. He has been in contact with me by email several times past few months. He is VERY interested in Pegasos.

I don't understand your logic anyway.. if you were promised a free car, will you go to buy a car next week as your promised one wasn't still delivered? :-)
  • »28.05.04 - 11:00
    Profile Visit Website
    DJBase
    Quote:

I don't understand your logic anyway.. if you were promised a free car, will you go to buy a car next week as your promised one wasn't still delivered?

Should I wait years to get it if I want/need one? Is that logic?
  • »28.05.04 - 11:16
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

Should I wait years to get it if I want/need one? Is that logic?

We're not talking of years here. Months.
    I can't remember for sure, but perhaps they were promised "100%" by the end of march...
    I would have to see my emails to be certain, though.

And that's not the point anyway.
    A promise is a promise, right?
  • »28.05.04 - 11:22
    Profile Visit Website
    DJBase
    Quote:

And that's not the point anyway.
    A promise is a promise, right?

Sure, it is if it was a promise.
  • »28.05.04 - 11:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Neko
    Quote:

I take it as Genesi is no longer interested in supporting the demoscene or getting quality demonstration material to show off at various events.

Genesi is still interested in it. The problem is simply that there are not enough boards being manufactured to go around between resellers, let alone giving them away.

Freescale Semiconductor - the processor spin-off from Motorola - ordered a vast quantity of ODW machines (http://www.pegasosppc.com/odw.php) and we are fulfilling that order as I speak.

Both unfortunate and fortunate at the same time, we are punished by our own success.

Until that order is fulfilled (because it is a lot of money..) there won't be any produced that can be given away to demosceners, application developers, or anyone else who was promised a board.

Quote:

There's almost no communication with any of the Phoenix groups these days

As I have said countless times and been chided for it, I will say it again - and you had better take notice this time!

Genesi is not in the business of playing keepy-uppies with resellers or users. It is a real waste of time to send personal reassuring letters to everyone who ever bought a Pegasos or wishes to sell one.

Resellers know, because they were told, that there is a shortage of Pegasos boards while the production capacity is saturated by Freescale.

We'll tell them when there are boards available. In the meantime they can put down paper orders and they'll be fulfilled AS SOON AS PRODUCTION CAPACITY IS FREE TO FULFIL THEM.

We'll tell demosceners when there are boards available. In the meantime we ask that they PLEASE be a little patient.

Genesi is not a charity, we have to go and make some money sometimes, and I hope you all can understand that.

We have not forgotten you. There is a list of people here who have been promised systems and pending some final approvals and the availability of boards, they will get them!

I'm sorry nobody is actively whispering sweet nothings into your ears, but we are VERY busy right now. You will be served as promised, once we are less busy.

Thankyou for your time :)
    Matt Sealey, Genesi USA, Inc.
    Developer Relations
    Product Development Analyst
  • »28.05.04 - 12:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    gary_c
    Quote:

Genesi is not a charity, we have to go and make some money sometimes, and I hope you all can understand that.

Sure, it's because Genesi is a business that a certain level of communication is expected. Because the communication has dropped off so completely, I wonder if a lot of people who signed on to help promote the platform are thinking maybe they're no longer on Genesi's radar at all. This especially after the flare-ups in various situations.

Communication has never been the company's strong suit IMHO, with excesses in some cases and vaccuums in others. People don't need "sweet nothings" whispered in their ears, but some sign of interest by the company is necessary if Genesi wants to keep these people involved.

-- gary_c
  • »29.05.04 - 04:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    strife
    Ok good so the morphos demo-project isn't quite dead yet, that's good.

In the mean while, someone told me Kiero might release morphos-patches for his mawi demos today, are they available? How about the breakpoint demo? :)
  • »31.05.04 - 20:33
    Profile Visit Website