• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: You've most likely enabled 'Emulate Touch Events' in which case mouse hover is disabled. That setting only makes sense for some mobile sites (like m.youtube.com) and should never be enabled globally.
    Aha! You were correct I had enabled the "Emulate Touch Events" option, and that was what was causing the issue I reported, so it was "my bad" for not realising the self-harm I had done to myself using Wayfarer. I had obviously not enabled it in v8.4 or earlier, but must have thought it would be handy to have it work on sites that needed it, . . . but didn't realise that it would cause this "adverse reaction/problem" of almost completely deactivating the "text highlighting and copying ability using the mouse" that I subsequently came across as a result of selecting this option. I will be avoiding this option now, but so appreciative that you were able to figure out my mistake, so I must say thanks jacadcaps for your remote assistance and patience in this instance, and many other issues as well! 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.06.24 - 01:29