VPDF Issues
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Some PDF are not printable by VPDF! Printing will start and stops immediately (HPM252dw, printing postscript via netprinter.device).
    Here you can see/download such files: http://www.pdfpdf.com/samples.html

This PDF crashes VPDF complete: https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/59315.pdf

All of them are working, if

-printing with old APDF
    -printing from VPDF via PS: device of Turbocalc (except farnell-datasheet)
    -sending PDF directly to printer (copy <PDF> to <NetPrinter-Name>

It is not causd by the printer - I've a HP-LaserJet6P (PS capable) and a HP-CP1514n - both show same behaviour.

Can anyone confirm this on a none HP-Printer, or what's the reason for this?
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »06.05.24 - 10:57
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank you!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »06.05.24 - 20:38
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    In last time even more pdf occurs, which cannot be printed with VPDF (Postscript printing via netprinter.device to HP M252dw). I found out, that these PDFs are mainly ceated with Open Office. In any cases VPDF converts all pages and send it to printer. After printer has started, it stops and says: all done! But printed nothing - even does'nt feed a paper!
    This seems to be a issue between VPDF and this special printer. On a HP LaserJet 6P it works flawless. Printing from a Windows-PC also works.
    Useing Turboprint also works in any case, but no doubleside-print!
  • »05.09.24 - 09:00
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Trekman
    Try printing PDFs with Image2PDF. It has a print function too.
    Maybe this works better for those "not working" PDFs.

;-)
  • »05.09.24 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    It will run with old APDF too - but I need more pages on one sheet and double-side print.
    It seems to be an issue with PS-Interpreter on this printer and VPDF. VPDF seems to create in this special cases a command, which the printer interprets as "End" or does'nt like it and stops (without any error-message).
    Sometimes it's possible to convert "PDF2PDF" in a online-PDF-Converter, but does'nt work allways.

VPDF is a very pritty PDF-viewer with many functions, I won't miss........
  • »05.09.24 - 20:47