bin 2 iso needed ?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    In my quest to refresh my memory on C coding..I have started out with porting others work.. starting off small.. On my PC I have a piece of code I use frequently called BIN2ISO which converts a .BIN image to .ISO... With a little work, it compiled fine on MOS.. its shell aka. CLI based for now until I get the hang of MUI. The cool thing is if mountiso works, you can mount the image of whatever you converted.

Is this a worthwhile utility for MOS users? Or should I scrap it?
  • »14.01.04 - 05:49
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    I need to go inside ISO's every now and then and so far had to do it on Windows using DaemonTools.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »14.01.04 - 06:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    I've browsed the threads for ISO mounting and I've found this one - yes, I want to go inside the ISO files too.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »18.04.04 - 23:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Sounds like app that could be VERY useful to some people... But about GUI... I don't think that would be very important for such a small app...
  • »19.04.04 - 08:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Adam
    Funny that you talk about a Bin 2 Iso converter,
    I had to transfer some bin to a PC this week end for convert them in Iso and then retransfer them on the Pegasos for writing (the PC doesn't have a burner).
    So yes it would be very nice to you if you could do it :)
    Contact me by email in case you need a betatester.
    Thank you
  • »19.04.04 - 09:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    I'm working on a nice and easy to use commandline based converter for NRG (Nero images) to ISO (so you can use such images w/o problems under MorphOS/AmigaOS) too. It already works and could be released any day.

Problem is that the NERO stuff is heavy undocumented and I'm not 100% sure if it works 100% correctly. :-) Atm. it detects old NERO images and new NERO5 images. But sadly I and my betatester are runned out of testable NRG images (we just had 4 images after all) :-P

If someone is brave enough and has some cdrw for testing, a lot NRG images, much HD space and a lot of time to try the stuff out... maybe it could be released soon. :-)

regards,
    tokai
  • »19.04.04 - 09:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    wow, thats cool...didnt think anybody really wanted to check this stuff out. There's only one somewhat "big" problem. I took my Pegasos apart and am giving it to a different developer...everything is boxed up and code is on the hard drive... :/
  • »19.04.04 - 13:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Are the bin images the same as the cue+bin duo? I've never had problems with these (usually SVCD images are coming in this format): MakeCD writes them without any problem... The only thing is to do to find the menu item with which it is possible... :))
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »19.04.04 - 18:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    If you want i can test it.
    But I only have Nero 5 (not 6) for my Pc
    and MakeCd for Morphos
  • »19.04.04 - 21:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    sorry..I have it all taken apart.. the mobo + ram etc is in a box for the next developer.. the hd is fixing to be formatted and used in a PC.. the sexy case I put a 900mhz PC in it for my little son.
  • »19.04.04 - 21:48
    Profile Visit Website