Making statline 'transparent' on ambient titlebar
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Hi all,

in last days I was asked by a lot people how to place statline 'transparently' on ambient titlebar.

It's not possible to place statline transparently into Ambient titlebar. :-)

But there's a little trick, so that it will look like it's transparently placed on Ambient titlebar.

and that's simple to make:

1. you go to MUI settings (Menu: Settings -> MUI...) "Buttons -> ImageButton" and choose the first frame (actually it's a no-frame frame :-) ),
    this will remove the window border

2. then you go to "MUI Settings -> Strings -> Textfield". Here you also choose the no-frame frame. This will remove the inner (textfield) frame. Maybe you'll also can lower the pixel space in the framesettings if you want/need.

3. Then you choose under "Windows -> Background" and under "Strings -> Textfield -> Background" the texture/ colour of your Ambient-Titlebar (if it's skinned then look to the directory of your skin, the file is called "STitleBarBackground").

4. Now you can move the window to the place in your titlebar you like and done.

Maybe you also need to choose smaller font etc., it's a bit tricky but worth the job. But i personly prefer it to place it on screen bottom. :-)

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
    tokai
  • »06.04.04 - 14:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Afair also this "blending slider"? (Sorry don` t remember what it is actually namend and i can` t boot into Mos the next two days.. doing emerge --update world was perhaps a not so good idea)
    has to be set to 100%
  • »06.04.04 - 14:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Ah ok, have to play with the Mui settings again then ;-)
    Btw, I am very enthusiastic about statline and hope to see your good work going :-)
  • »06.04.04 - 15:00