Dropbox handler on MorphOS
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    I 've setup dropbox handler yesterday, wanted to share some feedback.

Looks like that OWB didn't provided with correct token and I had to reside on FF from a Win machine. Anyway, it's an ok solution but it comes with some drawbacks. Copying a test 23mb wmv clip from dropbox to ram via Ambient (inserted the disk.info on dbox account) reached around 333kb/s whereas copying from OWB it tops my connection (around 800kb/s).
    Secondly, dbox icon doesn't appear directly on Ambient's pub screen after "list dbox:", but it appears only if I double click the desktop. Furthermore, it syncs everytime I double click the desktop it takes around 5-8 secs for the devices to be displayed on Ambient's window (and that delay is annoying as hell). Finally, writing run > nil list dbox: on startup (in order to mount/display dbox directly on Ambient's screen - if possible), made Ambient not workable after reboot (had to boot without startup and delete the line) since no devices were mounted at all (only cli and screen bar worked).
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »22.04.16 - 10:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Finally, writing run > nil list dbox: on startup (in order to mount/display dbox directly on Ambient's screen - if possible), made Ambient not workable after reboot (had to boot without startup and delete the line) since no devices were mounted at all (only cli and screen bar worked).

You're missing ":" after "nil". It should be "nil:" because nil: is a device and you want to redirect the output there, not into a file called nil.

But that whole list thing isn't needed, you can edit the DEVS:Cloud/cloud.mountlist file and change the "Activate = 0" lines to "Activate = 1".

That makes the mounts active directly when you mount them and not only after you have accessed them. I'm not sure if it helps with displaying it on the Ambient screen (probably not), but then you don't need to use that "list dbox:" to make it active.

You probably should move the mounting somewhere else than user-startup then too. user-network-startup would be a better place, or mount it manually when needed and not put them in any startup script (I do it like that).

[ Edited by jPV 22.04.2016 - 17:00 ]
  • »22.04.16 - 12:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Trying to get this working myself with Dropbox.

I have generated the client code and copied it across to my MorphOS machine. Originally I generated the code in OWB, but that didn't work. On reading this thread, re-generated with Chrome but unfortunately I get the same error when I enter "list DBOX:" from the Shell.

cDropBoxHandler: auth() failed (first time login) {"error_description": "Code doesn't exist or has expired". "error":"invalid_grant"}

Have added the Assigns: as described in the readme.

After running list DBOX: and getting the error, I need to reset as I'm unable to access any files/drives.

Any ideas what's going on? Have DrobPox changed anything to break it?
  • »02.04.17 - 16:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Yep, works here, too, with a setup done half a year ago.

Manfred
  • »02.04.17 - 17:18
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Ok..good to know it's something I'm doing / not doing ... will keep trying. Thank you.
  • »02.04.17 - 18:09
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Working now. Renewed the access code and all is well.
  • »02.04.17 - 21:38